• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

King Pietersen

International Captain
This is back to the England of old as far as the middle overs go, especially with Trott and Collingwood in there. Could we potentially see Collingwood make way for Pietersen when KP comes back?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is that the last we will see of Colly in an England shirt at home?

Not getting any younger and had a dreadful summer and after a massive winter of ashes and world cup it might be a good time for him to go.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Bell to show his potential whilst under pressure?

If he plays anything like the other day we've still got a good chance in this game. If not we're done for.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Is that the last we will see of Colly in an England shirt at home?

Not getting any younger and had a dreadful summer and after a massive winter of ashes and world cup it might be a good time for him to go.
Word from a friend of a friend of a friend is that he's planning on going after the WC.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I know buddy.... :)

Bell is struggling against Shoaib's pace atm.....so hope we nail this game to make it a worthy final...
Hope you don't. You really don't deserve it. Although you probably will end up winning, can't see a way back for England.

But really these matches shouldn't be played. Its making me irritated at cricket now, and considering i was in love with the game just a matter of weeks ago, the game really is in a bad place.

I cannot understand why the Pakistani players are playing with so much more fire than the England players - we shoud be right in their faces and playing aggressively to shut them up.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Hope you don't. You really don't deserve it. Although you probably will end up winning, can't see a way back for England.

But really these matches shouldn't be played. Its making me irritated at cricket now, and considering i was in love with the game just a matter of weeks ago, the game really is in a bad place.

I cannot understand why the Pakistani players are playing with so much more fire than the England players - we shoud be right in their faces and playing aggressively to shut them up.
They certainly shouldn't be played at this time of night at this time of the year. Quite why they didn't make more of them 100% daylight affairs at the weekends is completely beyond me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Schisse. Rumours of Bell's second coming greatly exaggerated, it seems. Pissing away a good start with a loose shot is classic Ding Dong.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Schisse. Rumours of Bell's second coming greatly exaggerated, it seems. Pissing away a good start with a loose shot is classic Ding Dong.
And there goes the game, you would imagine. I suppose sealing the deal against this lot was always going to be tougher than against Somerset's pie chuckers though. Leaves a sour taste after all the crap from Butt, tbh.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So that's what 58-5 off 17 overs. Top ****ing work England. Just piss away another match against the most loathsome team in international cricket.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

I don't deserve it???? Are you out of your ****ing mind?

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
These last three games, as well as all the other ****, have shown up England's lack of a world class matchwinner. I know we scraped through in the 2nd ODI, but we've had noone to step in and play a superb backs-to-the-wall innings to save a difficult chase. Had Pietersen been in and on form, you'd put your money him to smash us home on at least one out of the three games. Plenty have had the chance. Noone has delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I agree the cricket board and the pcb chariman does not deserve it at all...but Pakistani people need this more then ever before...

Akhtar is bowling his heart out there....this team is playing there heart out there....they deserve to win...if anything that they don't deserve is a management like PCB or a chairman like Butt or dirty players like Asif, Amir or Salman....they absolutely deserve to win by playing hard and clean cricket...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, Gul far too good for Bresnan. Reversing back into the right hander from a full length.

Have to agree with Athers here; if one ignores all the off field gubbins, bollocks and cant it's been a good ODI.

Huge "if" admittedly.