• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did anyone else notice that Anderson seems to be bowling considerably slower than he did in Tests? Nice variations of pace also.

Jacknife

International Captain
Very good bowling display by England,you would have thought Pakistans' total is at least 50 light,should be very gettable.

Jacknife

International Captain
Did anyone else notice that Anderson seems to be bowling considerably slower than he did in Tests? Nice variations of pace also.
He seems to change his pace from pitch to pitch,against Australia in the ODi's he averaged about 89mph in most of the games, but has slowed it down to 84mph during this series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very good bowling display by England,you would have thought Pakistans' total is at least 50 light,should be very gettable.
It was indeed, people seem to be complaining about Yardy and Bres, but going at just over 5 on a pitch like this is not disastrous at all, one bad bowler amongst our six obviously, but he's just a bad cricketer TBH.

We bowl decently as an unit, and occasionally Swann, Broad or Jimmeh will knock teams over too. It's ain't broke so let's not fix it, eh?

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Anderson's pulsating balls are mighty fine...

Looking forward to seeing how Davies goes. Hopefully he doesn't rest on his laurels after a few decent performances previous. Even though the target isn't massive I hope we still look to be positive as its the reason for our turnaround in recent times one day wise.

A lot of talk about the Afridi dismissal between Gower, Lloyd and Botham. I agree with them Afridi's own fault completely.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
I love watching Akhtar bowl always looks like he's about to get a wicket or get slapped.

Strauss and Davies have looked good here; not been afraid to play their shots.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Looked like it was coming. Just something about Razzaq that Davies was having trouble with, like he'd got over-confident against the lack of pace and was playing some lazy strokes. In the end he was undone with the ball nipping back slightly through a large gap between bat and pad. Disappointing end to another promising Davies innings.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Absolutely brilliant ball. Akhtar still has it.

If Pakistan can nab a few more wickets here they should be able to expose England weak batting line up.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Akhtar....!!! hopefully he is not out of steam now and that gives him the much needed boost on a come back.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Abdul Razzaq to Strauss, 1 run, 77.8 mph, Afridi shows his fielders how to do it... almost ... Strauss punched to cover and looked to have found the gap, but Afridi charged round and cut the shot off. But then hurled in a wild throw at Kamran's toes to give away an overthrow

:lol: Afridi is Afridi.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Andrew Strauss is in exceptional form. Has looked really good ever since Goughy and co called for his head. As for Ravi, I'd love to see him play like he does for Essex, but that fear of failure seems to be there for him, and as a result it's more than likely he'll plod along for 20 or 30odd off at a strike rate of around 70 before smacking one to deep leg-side fielder. Come on Ravi, prove me wrong.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Andrew Strauss is in exceptional form. Has looked really good ever since Goughy and co called for his head.
I thought that it was a ridiculous notion at the start, now they look like complete idiots.

I can see Gul giving a few runs away here as he's looking way short of form. They should have brought in Ajmal here as Strauss has a bit of a wobble against off spin and he's simply in decent bowling form.