• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some serious nosebleeds going on in this game - Bopara at 4 and Yardy at 6. Yikes.
That's what happens when Bell, Collingwood and Pietersen are all out for various reasons I suppose.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Alright then, deserves a good prolonged spell down the order as a finisher. I think the combination of Morgan and Bopara to finish off an innings, with Collingwood and Pietersen above them could be superb. If Ravi can't make it work down the order, then show him the door and give Buttler a go, but I'd like to see him given a decent go first.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
India in '07 in a partnership with Broad? Ravi's an excellent finisher, he's already done the job twice this summer. He also offers bowling. Might not look anything special, but he's partnership breaker and does take wickets. Wright's been given plenty of chances down the order, Ravi deserves a good go.

Hildreth? You know he averages 32 in List A cricket right? If we wanted someone fresh to finish an innings Jos Buttler would be a much better option. Inexperienced, but looks fantastic, would much rather see him called up ahead of Hildreth.

Akmal drops a clanger. Yardy gets a serious life.
For me I don't see Bopara as being good enough to consistently get results, let alone when there is any pressure on him. I wouldn't pick Wright either he's a glorified slogger who can bowl a bit.

Hildreth has been mighty impressive this year an average of 76 after 12 matches isn't something to be sniffed at although I was merely suggesting him as another option not championing his cause however.

Yardy gone now, things not looking at all good. Hoping for a Morgan special or we're done for.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry but it's just worthless wasting experience on Bopara. He needs time with someone who can work on his mental problems.

Until then he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. We have a full batting lineup with maybe Trott as first reserve (Strauss & Davies, KP, Colly, Bell, Morgan or whatever order you prefer). These ODIs don't matter other than to help people out for the World Cup or maybe Test cricket.

With a bit of luck Bopara will get himself sorted out as Bell seems to.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me I don't see Bopara as being good enough to consistently get results, let alone when there is any pressure on him. I wouldn't pick Wright either he's a glorified slogger who can bowl a bit.

Hildreth has been mighty impressive this year an average of 76 after 12 matches isn't something to be sniffed at although I was merely suggesting him as another option not championing his cause however.

Yardy gone now, things not looking at all good. Hoping for a Morgan special or we're done for.

This, TBH, played an important role in Somersets success.

I like you, you can stay :p

The_roc

U19 Captain

Or may be a Wright special?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wright was stumped there and not referred.
Second angle didn't look quite so conclusive, but the first one looked gone. Either way I'd be bloody stiff as a keeper if that weren't referred.

First angle again - stone dead, it's out.

Jacknife

International Captain
Even in slow-mo that was too close to call,he looked to get his foot down at the same time as the bails came out of the grooves.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Why as the square leg umpire would you not just go up to the third umpire just in case? Poor Umpiring in opinion.

Terribly unlucky for Pakistan.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If we pull a(nother) Somerset player into the ODI set up it should be young Buttler for my quid. Boy clearly has something about him.

Tiny Tim goes for a blob; not over yet by any stretch, this.