• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
haha, hilarious! I love it when the star-studded IPL teams gets stuffed by a bunch of nobodies. A team of champions != a champion team, IPL ****s. O'Brien will no doubt be dining on Sachin's wicket for a very long time.

Loving the form Max/Mass opening partnership, both blokes in good touch too. SA selectors looking even more stupid for not picking Max all of last season. The guy is a top quality player no matter the form, FFS.

EDIT: As if to underscore how the SA team is full of nobodies, Cricinfo has Max on the front page but they're saying it's Harris.

EDIT2: Just watching highlights, notice Bailey is driving through the crease a lot harder these days. Bodes well for the coming FC season.
Don't think Klinger's knock was all that spl, tbh.. 50 off 48 when you are chasing 180 seems meh... I don't think they could have done it against a decent fielding side. MI were below the shocking depths of absymality in the field. :laugh:

That said, that guy Harris played a pretty special knock.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair enough they had a bit of luck but they won in the end. Don't think Maxi's going to be too upset with striking at 'only' just over 100, especially since he smashed the Lions the other day.

Wasn't a classic but still a really good knock backing up.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Fair enough they had a bit of luck but they won in the end. Don't think Maxi's going to be too upset with striking at 'only' just over 100, especially since he smashed the Lions the other day.

Wasn't a classic but still a really good knock backing up.
yeah.. take nothing away from SA.. BUt I still like the Bushrangers more for some reason. :)

Of course, with Tait in there, SA will always be a force.. And Manou seems a fantastic talent too.

Top_Cat

Watch as all the Vics claim Klinger as their own when they crash out of the tournament and SA win the whole thing.

:kicking:

Howsie

International Captain
How fast is Shane Harwood bowling these days? If he's still as quick as he was even a year or so ago Central will go down in a burning heap. Two 145-150K bowlers will be too much for that weak top order.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
How fast is Shane Harwood bowling these days? If he's still as quick as he was even a year or so ago Central will go down in a burning heap. Two 145-150K bowlers will be too much for that weak top order.
Doubt he'd be bowling that quick. Pretty much his first games back since about October last year, wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even picked for tonight's game. Is also about 36 now, too.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ridiculous thing to say. He's there to provide some hitting power at the end of the knock from around 6 or 7 and bowl tight meds. Has one of the best yorkers in the country and is a decent field. The value of a contributor like that goes well beyond his stats.
As I said, this is more from following him throughout his county stint and his few games for Australia, where I think he has done little of value wth ball or bat, but it appears he has done somewhat more in Aussie domestic cricket, so I'll retract my point. The one fifty thing wasn't the crux of the argument, btw, not sure how you could think it was.

Top_Cat

I didn't even mention the 50. I said he's one of SA's most valuable players with bat and ball, only Jack specifically mentioned 50's.

The guy's a solid state cricketer, good contributor. Calling him bloody useless just because he's not awesome is pretty damn harsh.