• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aamer Situation

If found guilty, Aamer should be banned for:

• Total voters

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never heard that one before... whose reckoning is that?
It's an aviation thing, first/last light and all that. It's not down to the second but still, crucial in flying to know when last light is if you're flying visually (as opposed to using instruments for all navigation).

jeevan

International 12th Man
What a load of donkey ****. Murder = Spot fixing?????
Which is why no one is asking for Aamer to be hung by the neck until dead. Worst case is that he'll have to find a different profession, or make do with the career of a domestic Pakistani cricket player.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why are there three different spellings of this kid's name?

I don't think age, at this level, should be considered. I think this argument is really about talent.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Which is why no one is asking for Aamer to be hung by the neck until dead. Worst case is that he'll have to find a different profession, or make do with the career of a domestic Pakistani cricket player.
Ahhh...a life sentence from Int'l Cricket??? And in some countries there is no death penalty for murder.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I'm sure if any of the players get a life ban they could make a tidy sum on a tell all book on match fixing.....

bagapath

International Captain
aamer... aamer.... aamer.... what a let down!!!! really loved his bowling and expected him to be another imran or akram who would rule world cricket for decades.

OTOH, he doesnt look all that innocent to me that he should be treated with velvet gloves for this crime. let us remember that pakistan has had problems with match fixing before. and there is a strict anti corruption code in existence that clearly spells out to players, captains and coaches the dangers of corruption. so aamer would know what not to do very very clearly.... the worst things is... he actually asked for saw dust after the no-ball as though his foot slipped!! that extra bit of over acting shows how cunning this young boy is! forget his age, throw him out for good. otherwise he will become another mohammad asif who never learnt after so many **** ups in his career. like i said before, there are no role models in pakistan. dont make young kids assume it is okay to cheat. if mohammad aamer plays international cricket again, after the charges agianst him are proved beyond doubt, then that is bad news for the future of pakistan cricket.

Last edited:

Karapincha

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone recall in June this year during the Asia Cup the cameras picked up Aamer using a cellphone in the dressing room?

This was the excuse given: Aamer didn't use mobile phone in dressing room: ICC - The Times of India

Television footage shown during the Pakistan innings indicated that Aamer was talking on a mobile phone while waiting padded up in the dressing room.

When asked about the incident, Pakistan manager Yawar Saeed had reacted strongly demanding that the media first show him footage of Aamer talking on the mobile phone.

The ICC said it's anti-corruption and security officer had investigated the matter and seen video footage of the incident.

The ICC said it is satisfied that "there is no evidence of Aamer making use of a mobile phone while sitting in the dressing room during the match against Sri Lanka at Dambulla yesterday."

The ICC is also a bloody joke and this guy Aamer is prolly taking us all for a ride...

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
The latest on Jang News of Pakistan is that Scotland Yard has decided not to charge Amir for match fixing or defrauding the bookies because there was not a single bet made on that particular no ball in the entire UK. I dont know what this means for ICC or what effect it may have on how ICC reacts to the decision of Scotland Yard in reference to Amir's suspension.

Hell i don't even know if Jang is reporting a credible report....

slowfinger

International Debutant
Aamer needs a ban-whether it life or 5 years...He is gone... I wouldn't even want to see him any more to be fair... I don't care if he takes a ten wicket god-damn hall if he makes a comeback. He cheated, for money.

Nuff said.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The latest on Jang News of Pakistan is that Scotland Yard has decided not to charge Amir for match fixing or defrauding the bookies because there was not a single bet made on that particular no ball in the entire UK. I dont know what this means for ICC or what effect it may have on how ICC reacts to the decision of Scotland Yard in reference to Amir's suspension.

Hell i don't even know if Jang is reporting a credible report....
If that's true the it's unspeakably stupid.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was always going to be the likely outcome as far as English law is concerned - more fool the NOTW for going to press too soon - doesn't really affect his culpability on the ICC issues, well not as far as I can see anyway

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm not the dedicated punter some on CW are (looking at Augustus here... :ph34r:) but I've never seen any UK market bookmakers carrying odds for no-balls. I suppose it's feasible to bet when the first no-ball of an innings would be sent down or the total number bowled in an innings, but bets on individual no-balls or even these "bracket" bets of ten overs I've seen spoken of since the incident?

Would also imagine that, given the illegal nature of bookmakers in India, a paper trail was always going to be hard to establish.

As a by-the-by Matt Le Tissier admitteded to some attempted spot fixing in his autobiography. Doesn't seem to adverse affected his reputation and the subsequent police investigation was dropped as not being in the public interest.

Neither here nor there really, but does perhaps suggest that Pakistan's three amigoes might just be the tip of the iceberg. :mellow:

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
look here aamer has been a naughty boy, but cricket as a whole needs him, there is such a dearth of really talented players we can't afford to lose such a prospect. ok , fine/ ban of some duration but dont end his career before its hardly started.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
Aamer needs a ban-whether it life or 5 years...He is gone... I wouldn't even want to see him any more to be fair... I don't care if he takes a ten wicket god-damn hall if he makes a comeback. He cheated, for money.

Nuff said.
everbody in life has a price. these bookmaking scum just picked on some vulnerable easy targets.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
STRONGLY disagree. He's 18, not four.
18 is hardly mature it has to be said. We've all done stupid things when we were 18 so no need for the holier than thou attitude.

Having said that, nothing will condone what Aamer did, but I think the bookies who make the approach are simply not getting enough flak here. Give them all life sentences so that they stop. They have no place in the game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Life sentences from what? They have no obligation to preserve the sanctity of professional sport, and from the looks of things, they didn't break any British laws.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Well they approached a teenager from a comparatively poor country and talked him into making a quick buck. Laws can be changed cant they?

Its just the moral side of it thats bothering me and I concede that obviously its not a suggestion that will ever happen.