• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cannot believe they're allowing this tour to go on, it's an absolute farce. If they could afford it from a gate receipts POV, I wouldn't take to the field if I were England.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Cannot believe they're allowing this tour to go on, it's an absolute farce. If they could afford it from a gate receipts POV, I wouldn't take to the field if I were England.
Ponting did in Sydney and still believes his team won it from the jaws of defeat.... :ph34r:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
thats because ricky and co cant accept that a team can collude to just about win a match over them and then just give the aussie team a win ... ricky and co like to think that their skill and play pulled off a win not the other team just shrug their shoulders (pak) and say ahh lets give them (aus) this win.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Said in yesterday's Guardian it'd cost the ECB between £10-£12m if the limited overs games were called off. Link.

Says it's feasible, but would cost roughly half their reserves so I'd be fairly confident they'll take place.

pasag

RTDAS
Said in yesterday's Guardian it'd cost the ECB between £10-£12m if the limited overs games were called off. Link.

Says it's feasible, but would cost roughly half their reserves so I'd be fairly confident they'll take place.
If they could get another to side to come, the losses wouldn't be so bad, you'd think.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't believe this is being turned into an excuse to bag Ponting, like he's in denial about it. He's on record as allowing for the possibility of it being a rigged game, that it would take the gloss off what he thought was a great win, etc.

Spot fixing: Fixing allegations could taint Sydney Test win - Ricky Ponting | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com
yeah.. Hussey is the one who is still thinking it is clean, perhaps because he is worried about the status of his knock in that game.. :p

Ponting has made pretty good remarks about the whole think, IMO. Once again, seems to have come up with an honest opinion, be it right or wrong.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds a bit more promising today,on the news this morning they are saying it is very likely the 4 players named (Asif,Amir,Butt and Kamran) will be suspended pending further investigation.Get them out of the side and people may think it is clean especially with Afridi leading the side.

Never thought i'd ever say that about him but he does appear to come out of this sorry affair with an enhanced reputation,all credit to him.

Spark

Global Moderator
It is suggestive, though, that Afridi being one of the fewer players who look clean in this whole thing is also the richest by a country mile.

Scaly piscine

Sounds a bit more promising today,on the news this morning they are saying it is very likely the 4 players named (Asif,Amir,Butt and Kamran) will be suspended pending further investigation.Get them out of the side and people may think it is clean especially with Afridi leading the side.

Never thought i'd ever say that about him but he does appear to come out of this sorry affair with an enhanced reputation,all credit to him.
It's not like it was restricted to purely Test cricket though, allegedly. So him dropping out of one format supposedly means nothing in that context.

Anyways good that it sounds likely the four will be effectively suspended at least.

Going to be a chaotic few days.

Jarquis

Yeah, right, while the world and his dog is focusing on Pakistan, England have delayed announcing their limited overs squad until 5:15.
But the word is that KP has been dropped from the ODI and T20 squads.
Apparently Surrey have signed him for the remainder of the season.

KP's not very happy..
He tweeted this
kevinpp24
Yep.. Done for rest of summer!! Man of the World Cup T20 and dropped from the T20 side too.. Its a **** up!
But has since removed it.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
lol, team managers must hate twitter so much.

Probably the best thing for him ahead of the Ashes though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
lol, team managers must hate twitter so much.

Probably the best thing for him ahead of the Ashes though.
Yup. Assuming KP does play some county games for Surrey or whoever, a few four-day knocks must be the best thing for him.

Nice to see the man himself responding in time-honoured fashion though. :laugh: