• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm trying to figure out who Pakistan would pick if they all get banned.

Farhat
Hameed
Younis
Alam
Ali
Malik
Haider
Afridi
Ajmal
Gul
Rauf?

Jaysus.
That side could get beaten by Bangladesh easily, IMHO. Dark times for Pakistan.

Flem274*

123/5
Weeding out the players probably won't solve much though, the bloke said in the article he's got people high up in the PCB.

That's where the biggest problem lies.

The (harsh) solution would be to demote them to associate status, effectively ripping the cash from the matchfixers in Pakistan. And/or replacing the PCB with a foreign board, but that will never happen and I suspect rightfully so. Pakistan needs to sort itself out, not get led by the hand.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Weeding out the players probably won't solve much though, the bloke said in the article he's got people high up in the PCB.

That's where the biggest problem lies.

The (harsh) solution would be to demote them to associate status, effectively ripping the cash from the matchfixers in Pakistan. And/or replacing the PCB with a foreign board, but that will never happen and I suspect rightfully so. Pakistan needs to sort itself out, not get led by the hand.
Just ban them from international cricket. Maybe they'll wake the **** up then.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe Cook claimed that catch at short leg there a few overs back. What a cheating ****, ball clearly bounced before it got to him.

Being consistent, he is now tainted forever as a cheat and will always be despised for it.

Atmosphere seems a little flat. Suppose you get that when the game's so one-sided :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
Can't believe Cook claimed that catch at short leg there a few overs back. What a cheating ****, ball clearly bounced before it got to him.

Being consistent, he is now tainted forever as a cheat and will always be despised for it.

Atmosphere seems a little flat. Suppose you get that when the game's so one-sided :ph34r:
Ohai Michael Clarke.:ph34r:

_Ed_

He just got his comeuppance. Copped a good one to the foot.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Tbh the game will probably just die and good pakistani cricketers will do Morgan's and migrate to India or SL.
So be it then. It's better than having every match clouded under suspicion for potential match/spot fixing that they're involved in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm trying to figure out who Pakistan would pick if they all get banned.

Farhat
Hameed
Younis
Alam
Ali
Malik
Haider
Afridi
Ajmal
Gul
Rauf?

Jaysus.
Reckon we'd see Sami back tbh. Was actually surprised he was dropped the last time he was as he wasn't even that bad in his last stint, and the selectors will use any excuse to pick Sami, generally.

_Ed_

So be it then. It's better than having every match clouded under suspicion for potential match/spot fixing that they're involved in.
IMO it would be a real shame if Pakistan disappeared from world cricket forever. There's nothing like watching a Pakistan team that's on song. There's something unique and mesmerising about them. **** it's exhilarating, even when they're doing it against my team.

I remember being at an ODI once and knowing from the way the Pakistan fielders ran out (they were on the field before the umpires) that NZ were gonna be in trouble. That indeed proved to be the case.

King Pietersen

International Captain
They could give that 8ft guy a go too. Mohammad Irfan, he looked to have some potential from what I've seen of him. Was hoping he'd get picked for this series actually, was looking forward to seeing him bowl properly, only seen a couple of Youtube clips of him.

Last edited: