• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

tooextracool

International Coach
TEC just doesn't like Finn taking wickets. They boost the average of a bowler he doesn't remotely rate. :ph34r:
Would have said that even if it was Curtly Ambrose. Though yes now that you mention it, I dont think he deserved that wicket. Sidescreen and him are about level in terms of wickets taken today.

pskov

International 12th Man
So do we enforce the follow-on if these can't do what we did?

I mean, we should, but there might be a line of thought that a few our batsmen need a bat. I sympathise with it but I want us to make sure of the win here.
Yep enforce it. You play test cricket to win test matches, worry about the form of your batsman later.

pskov

International 12th Man
Would have said that even if it was Curtly Ambrose. Though yes now that you mention it, I dont think he deserved that wicket. Sidescreen and him are about level in terms of wickets taken today.
So if a batsman didn't pick up a delivery, it hits his bat and loops back to the bowler for an easy catch he shouldn't appeal that either?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Not any more. Akmal gone. Didn't see Finn's first spell, but this 2nd one has been impressive. Well bowled lad.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree Goughy, was just wondering if anyone would rather see Strauss, Colly & Pietersen try and get themselves a score.
No, not really they're likely to fail anyway, and even if they do get some runs it's months before the next test match, which'll be in totally different conditions anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
Fairly silly argument your making here. Yes it's raw luck but it's an absolutely legitimate ball and hence an absolutely fair wicket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, not really they're likely to fail anyway, and even if they do get some runs it's months before the next test match, which'll be in totally different conditions anyway.
Yeah, agree. Mainly said it because my mate before was saying he wouldn't choose to enforce it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
After Amir's spell how disheartening is it to see Pakistan staring down the barrell of an innings defeat.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
This has basically been 18 wickets down for about 180, and then 1 wicket for 350.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After Amir's spell how disheartening is it to see Pakistan staring down the barrell of an innings defeat.
Disheartening? I couldn't be happier.

Two innings victories and a 3-1 series victory would be a nice way to head into the Ashes.

tooextracool

International Coach
So if a batsman didn't pick up a delivery, it hits his bat and loops back to the bowler for an easy catch he shouldn't appeal that either?
If running someone out when he steps out of the crease during your delivery stride is considered 'against the spirit of the game' (as KApil Dev did with Peter Kirsten in 93/94) one would think that this would be too no?

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: 74 all out. Another one for Swanneh. Finishes with a 4fer. What a bowler.

Personally, I'd bat again. Strauss, Cook and Pietersen could all do with some runs. Could promote Pietersen to 3 and bat till tea tomorrow giving us 4 sessions to bowl them out. The series is already one, those 3 might as well get some time in the middle.