• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As Holding said on commentary, it's not the bowlers problem if the batsman doesn't pick the ball up.

I remember Flintoff giving Kallis a doing over at the Oval IIRC in 2008 where Kallis couldn't pick the ball up when he was bowling full. Eventually got him plumb lbw.
Was castled, wasn't he?

tooextracool

International Coach
If the batsman is out and the umpire doesn't give it, you refer it
Not relevant. Bottom line is the guy clearly didnt see the ball and didnt even offer a shot to the ball. Its one thing to take a wicket through your own skill or through batsman error. But having your buddy, the sidescreen taking the wicket is a bit ridiculous.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not relevant. Bottom line is the guy clearly didnt see the ball and didnt even offer a shot to the ball. Its one thing to take a wicket through your own skill or through batsman error. But having your buddy, the sidescreen taking the wicket is a bit ridiculous.
So what do you propose if he was clean bowled? We say, don't worry buddy, you didn't see it, have another chance.

No.

Stapel

International Regular
As Botham said: address it earlier!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So do we enforce the follow-on if these can't do what we did?

I mean, we should, but there might be a line of thought that a few our batsmen need a bat. I sympathise with it but I want us to make sure of the win here.

tooextracool

International Coach
So what do you propose if he was clean bowled? We say, don't worry buddy, you didn't see it, have another chance.

No.
Bottomline is that he wasnt bowled. Do you not realize that what just happened was what you are suggesting but in reverse? He was given not out and the fielding side said hey we're going to review it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I mean, we should, but there might be a line of thought that a few our batsmen need a bat. I sympathise with it but I want us to make sure of the win here.
Depends, but if these two finish 'em off quickly, Broad and Anderson should be fresh enough.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bottomline is that he wasnt bowled. Do you not realize that what just happened was what you are suggesting but in reverse? He was given not out and the fielding side said hey we're going to review it.
Oh, come on. Tenuous at best. Reviews are a legitimate part of the game. If the batsman is out you review it. It's that simple.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Of course. Time is an issue. Aim should be to roll them over again and play golf on day 5.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Enforce. Boot on the throat. Pakistan are still too good as opponents to take liberties with like batting again because our middle order are chumps.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Of course. Time is an issue. Aim should be to roll them over again and play golf on day 5.
I agree Goughy, was just wondering if anyone would rather see Strauss, Colly & Pietersen try and get themselves a score.