• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Surreal. :laugh:

Never seen a batsman stand for a clean bowled before.

First over of a spell from Swann again? Does resumption after tea count?

Jacknife

International Captain
What the **** is Butt doing clean bowled,bit like Harbajhan with KP.Great delivery by Swanny again,he is some bowler.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surreal. :laugh:

Never seen a batsman stand for a clean bowled before.

First over of a spell from Swann again? Does resumption after tea count?
Seen it a few times now recently, think they must think the 'keeper took the bails off. Not good though IMHO.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
What a man Graeme Swann is. It's so awesome that England finally have a world-class spin bowler. He's getting some ripping turn out of this pitch, look forward to seeing what he can do in their second innings massively.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
On another forum,don't have to mention which,some idiots are saying England must be ball tampering because it's spinning so much and the ball is started to reverse.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Is anyone on the honours board twice for one match?

EDIT: For batting and bowling.
Botham made 108 and took 8-34 vs Pakistan at Lords in 1978

However no Englishman has ever made a 150 and took a 5fer (Botham made 149* and 6-95 vs Australia in that 81 headingly match)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On another forum,don't have to mention which,some idiots are saying England must be ball tampering because it's spinning so much and the ball is started to reverse.
Seems perfectly sensible to me, frankly. Don't see how this attack could be performing like this otherwise.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seen it a few times now recently, think they must think the 'keeper took the bails off. Not good though IMHO.
Yeah, as soon as Jacknife mentioned it I remembered the Harbhajan one. Told KP to eff off too, if memory serves.

Oh, HTFU. The Akmal bros are most annoying feckers out there. If a bloke who's 6' 8" has his arm above the sightscreen there isn't a lot that can be done, is there?

tooextracool

International Coach
Don't want to be too harsh on him, but the way I've felt in the last few Tests is that Finn seems to come on and take the pressure off after good starts from Broad and Anderson
Well yes, I dont think hes ready for test cricket yet. He could go on to make some serious improvements before the winter and change that but IMO England missed a huge opportunity this summer to try out Ajmal Shahzad or Tremlett to see how they did. Against this Pakistan batting card Anderson and Swann are more than enough and I dont think the other 2 would have done any worse than Finn. Unfortunately, now we've got no other choice but to have Finn come 1st change at Brisbane.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, as soon as Jacknife mentioned it I remembered the Harbhajan one. Told KP to eff off too, if memory serves.
Oh? What happened?

---

I wonder how many of those we'll see before batsmen realise that plonking your foot down the pitch and not using your feet and getting to the pitch is a horrid idea against a bowler like Swann.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Well yes, I dont think hes ready for test cricket yet. He could go on to make some serious improvements before the winter and change that but IMO England missed a huge opportunity this summer to try out Ajmal Shahzad or Tremlett to see how they did. Against this Pakistan batting card Anderson and Swann are more than enough and I dont think the other 2 would have done any worse than Finn. Unfortunately, now we've got no other choice but to have Finn come 1st change at Brisbane.
Agree I'm surprised they haven't give Shahzad a go and I hope they take Tremlett down to Australia to see how he goes in some warm up games,because if he can stay fit he will be a better bowler than Finn down under.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Standing your ground when clean bowled is a much bigger **** act than celebrating without appealing.

Spare me the 'he didn't know he was bowled' bull**** it is a damning implication on your opinion of the ban standing behind the stumps if that's the case.