• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
If the batsmen are struggling then it's because they've got mental or technical deficiencies which are being exploited. Amir, Asif, Anderson and Swann have bowled well all series, but we're not playing on minefields. These are good batting tracks that offer just a bit of assistance to bowlers.
I told you I like it when theirs a contest b/n Bat and ball....But think about other people who just came to know about cricket....They don't care if batsman have good technical abilities....

BTW pitches must be result oriented....Whether it's a flat track or greentop....Recent series in INDIA produced Results.......Only one match in SL series was dire(i mean absolute pathetic)..rest were evenly poised....:cool:

Spark

Global Moderator
Nice catch. Lol'd at TMS thinking "oh he's off the mark... oh no he's caught him!"

Really good catch. And good reward for sublime bowling.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You couldn't say that promoting Swann above Broad's been a major success. Not that it matters a jot today, I s'pose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was honestly about to come and post that I'd have stuck Broad back at 8 and then...ooopsie

The question is can we get ourselves back into bat by close of play? :ph34r:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
More dire stuff from England. Amir is an absolute gun! This guy is going to take so many wickets in his career.

Happy for Pakistan tbh. :)

Teja.

Global Moderator
****, I hate this. Aamer has just replaced Waqar ****ing Younis as the youngest man on the Lords Honour Board. I shouldn't be sad but I'm devastated.

Extreme Fanboy-ism ftl.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sorry for ever doubting Amir and ever calling him overrated. I was wrnog, he is awesome.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why? How exactly do you draw the line between what is acceptable and what not?

Last couple of India-Pak series in both countries have been seriously dire, though.

EDIT : Adding to my previous point, 40% of the Tests in Ashes 2005 ended in draws. And then you had an identical result but far less interesting series in '09. SA vs. England had 2 out of 4 Tests drawn and it was a very enjoyable series. Those numbers alone don't tell us anything at all, IMO.
All of those draws (bar maybe one in South Africa? I don't remember for sure) were down to rain to some extent or another though. It sucks obviously, but unlike flat pitches, there's nothing much anyone can do about it.

In any case, I don't think you need stats to tell you there's been a big chunk of crap matches in India and Pakistan over the period.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to find it amusing, the clamour on here to get Swanneh at number 8 and he's been dire.

Always go along with the "if it ain't broke" truism, he did wonders at 9, why change it?