• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I saw him at the basin. He was standing close to the sightscreen. My friend said he was doing it so that he could get on TV. I went up and spoke to him briefly to see what he was like. He agreed with me that Bangers fielding, at the time, wasn't up to scratch.
I heard he is quite wealthy.

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
nz rocks

What are CENTRAL STAGS chances in this coming champions league.

Ross isnt playing for them,sad.
Only Oram,if he will b fit.

And wat bout there overseas player, Napier.?
Is he fit?

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
:blink: Please don't ever suggest that Sonny Shaw looks ANYTHING like Sir Richard Hadlee. Sir Richard looks like a Greek God who hath descended from Mt Olympus to live amongst us mere mortals, whereas Sonny Shaw looks like a deformed gremlin that's just crawled out of the bog of eternal stench.
Seconded, thirded and fouthded. Paddles manhandled men, sending them back to the sheds - 9/52 people.

Sonny Shaw manhandles ladyboys in Thailand.

Case in point the picture attached.

Attachments

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Half of this post is about Williamson the other half is about NZ's future ODI line up.

- His inning 13 runs before being bowled through the gate last night. Reckon that a player with a better forward defence would not have got out to that ball.

- He still didn't bat long enough for me to have a better feel for his abilities at international level.

- I liked the fact that Kane was leaving some deliveries outside off stump which showed that he was learning from his past mistakes.

- I am not sure he is done enough to force his way into the team and I figure it is going to come down to him or Elliot for the number 6 spot.

Full strength NZ team

With McCullum taking the gloves we can drop Hopkins and play an extra all rounder, or another batsman

If we play an extra all rounder the team looks like this:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptil
Taylor
Styris
Williamson/Elliot
Vettori
McCullum/Oram
Mills
Southee
Tuffey

No spot for Watling as he needed to score runs last night to force his way in.

If we want to play an extra batsman, such as Watling at the top and move everyone down a spot (except for Taylor at 4), then someone would have to bat at number 7 and I can't think of anyone of our batsman who would be happy that low. So I think playing the extra all rounder is the way to go even though it gives us a ton of bowling options.

Jezroy

State Captain
Watling > Guptill at the moment.
Concur. I know I am usually against doing such things, but if you take out Guptills 91 vs Bangladesh, he hasn't done anything for about a year.

Last 12 innings in ODI's (since Nov last year)

Boo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm a big Guppy fan but he should be fighting for his spot in the team with Watling at the moment.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Watling has only played two games and failed in one. Looks suspect against inswingers.

Think that Guptil deserves another 3-4 games before we drop him. Before those last 12 games that Jezroy listed he was going great guns. 12 innings prior to that below...

57*

With regards to Jezroy dropping the 91 against Bangers from consideration - to that I say Welcome to the dark side.:)

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
From what i have seen of him he looks more solid thatn other batsmen other than kyle bradman.....

He is only 20,Have a long way to go...

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Shouldn't look at just scores, but why is he failing (or why was he on such a hot streak). Unlucky, or is he just shot mentally/technically.

If he's been found out technically or just lost his confidence, maybe it's worth his resting from the set-up and for him to work on the problem(s) in domestic cricket. If he's good enough, he'll come back. Time on his side and all that.

Flem274*

123/5
Half of this post is about Williamson the other half is about NZ's future ODI line up.

- His inning 13 runs before being bowled through the gate last night. Reckon that a player with a better forward defence would not have got out to that ball.

- He still didn't bat long enough for me to have a better feel for his abilities at international level.

- I liked the fact that Kane was leaving some deliveries outside off stump which showed that he was learning from his past mistakes.

- I am not sure he is done enough to force his way into the team and I figure it is going to come down to him or Elliot for the number 6 spot.

Full strength NZ team

With McCullum taking the gloves we can drop Hopkins and play an extra all rounder, or another batsman

If we play an extra all rounder the team looks like this:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptil
Taylor
Styris
Williamson/Elliot
Vettori
McCullum/Oram
Mills
Southee
Tuffey

No spot for Watling as he needed to score runs last night to force his way in.

If we want to play an extra batsman, such as Watling at the top and move everyone down a spot (except for Taylor at 4), then someone would have to bat at number 7 and I can't think of anyone of our batsman who would be happy that low. So I think playing the extra all rounder is the way to go even though it gives us a ton of bowling options.
Elliot is a better ODI batsman than Williamson.

Flem274*

123/5
Considering all the mess Elliot has pulled us out of in the past though, if the selectors drop him for Williamson it will be a poor decision.

In 20/20 hindsight, Williamson could have benefitted from debuting on a nice flat NZ ODI track like Auckland or Napier.

Jezroy

State Captain
Considering all the mess Elliot has pulled us out of in the past though, if the selectors drop him for Williamson it will be a poor decision.

In 20/20 hindsight, Williamson could have benefitted from debuting on a nice flat NZ ODI track like Auckland or Napier.
20/20? ODI?!?! I'm so confused!!!:ph34r:

Jezroy

State Captain
Watling has only played two games and failed in one. Looks suspect against inswingers.

Think that Guptil deserves another 3-4 games before we drop him. Before those last 12 games that Jezroy listed he was going great guns. 12 innings prior to that below...

57*

With regards to Jezroy dropping the 91 against Bangers from consideration - to that I say Welcome to the dark side.:)
I knew that Guptill did quite well in the games before that which is why I went for 12 games... Still think he is looking poorer by the day and would like to see him play a lower level for a while - maybe with the A team?