• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep definitely having problems against the ball going away from him, though its akin to the problem that Gilchrist had towards the end of his career rather than just the outswinger. But yes, teams have definitely picked up on this and Morkel exposed it to great effect.
Yeah, I ranted it about it a lot last year. He became very adept at leaving the ball going across him unless it was short enough to cut. So the ball has to threaten the stumps to cause him any trouble. Ntini, Morkel and Nel bowled around the wicket effectively to him two summers back, Morkel did so again over the winter. Now it's Amir coming over the wicket.

Australia didn't have anyone who could threaten the stumps and move the ball away from him last summer with Johnson bowling pies. They have Bollinger now, though, so it's more of an issue. It has to be a bit unnerving for England that they're likely to go into the Ashes with their captain having not scored a century since the second test of the previous Ashes.

Uppercut

Pretty incredible looking at those stats that Pietersen, although in the worst form of his career and without a century for 18 months has still made more runs than Collingwood and Strauss, at a better average than Collingwood too. Bell's record is exceptional also, should be no doubt as to whether he walks back into this side when fit. What would throw a spanner in the works would be a flawless, match-winning Morgan century at Lords. Bell will surely still come back in, but the selectors would then have to make a difficult decision as to who out of Morgan, Collingwood and Pietersen is left out, and for me that'd still have to be Morgan. There's no way I'd even consider dropping Trott, the bloke's averaging almost 50 in the last year, no way you can drop him, no matter how slowly he scores in the odd innings.
KP looks so, so bad though. And still looked bad during his 80 a couple of weeks back despite having a lot of time at the crease. It's not a minor dip by any means either, his last century was during the 1-0 defeat in the West Indies before the previous Ashes. All you can really do is hope it sorts itself out.

vcs

The thing with Strauss is.. either he has ridiculous purple patches averaging 60-70+ in a series, or goes for stretches averaging sub-35. Not much middle ground with him. He already has 18 Test centuries. :-O That's quite a good rate of century conversion.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
This. :D

Still found myself cheering for them at the end of the match though. I seem to be among the minority of Indian supporters still struggling to change a lifetime's habit of supporting India and whoever plays Pakistan. :ph34r:
Unlike me tbh...i would support any subcontinent team playing against one of "them" :ph34r:

vcs

Unlike me tbh...i would support any subcontinent team playing against one of "them" :ph34r:
I've seen that with many Indian and Pakistani fans on here.. maybe it's more common among younger fans and I'm just getting old. :ph34r: But I've always seen Pakistan and India as traditional rivals.

Faisal1985

I've seen that with many Indian and Pakistani fans on here.. maybe it's more common among younger fans and I'm just getting old. :ph34r: But I've always seen Pakistan and India as traditional rivals.
Always ...but for me when you are playing against each other it makes more sense....not when Ind is playing Australia, or Eng, or SA...if you know what i mean....

vcs

True.. Pakistan have a lot more likeable players than England and I would like to cheer for them.. need to get used to the idea however. :ph34r:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
i want Pakistan to win this match and they gonna win this match coz they have world's best Spinner....

Ajmal:ph34r:......Go Green Go....

Faisal1985

Just read a news that its not going to be for the test but most probably for the ODIs...but it is true that internally way has been made clear for his return....just not for the 4th test as the article reported.. :(

Faisal1985

^ lol yea the way it was written...but England is still favorite walking into the 4th test...Pak has to keep there head down and work very very hard if they want to win...