• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan have just won a game & English media is taing cheap shots at Ajmal's bowling action which has already been cleares by ICC.Bob Willis & Jonathan Agnew have already said a lot of bu****** about his action.But I guess its the typical English whining everytime after they lose a match.Congratulations to Pakistan but you can't always expect Muhammad Yousuf & Azhar Ali to score runs.Other batsmen also need to take responsibility if they want to level the series.
No need to be malicious dude..I dont know if they are complaining about his action or not but even if they are..his action has already been cleared..so he should be safe.

kingkallis

International Coach
Pakistan have just won a game & English media is taing cheap shots at Ajmal's bowling action which has already been cleares by ICC.Bob Willis & Jonathan Agnew have already said a lot of bu****** about his action.But I guess its the typical English whining everytime after they lose a match.Congratulations to Pakistan but you can't always expect Muhammad Yousuf & Azhar Ali to score runs.Other batsmen also need to take responsibility if they want to level the series.
This :)

No-one is ****ing whining, crawl back into your hole troll
Agnew on Ajmal's action

"Saeed Ajmal is also a very dangerous bowler, and to not know which way the ball is spinning plays havoc with the mind and makes him exceptionally difficult to face.

I'm not just saying this because he took wickets but I think his action does need looking at though, and there is a lot of chuntering going on from people who think the same".

Not to forget what Bob Willis has been saying in his commentary.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I cant wait for the Ashes to start....its going to be an amazing battle!

I am not really sure about Trott doing well against the Aussies and am worried about Cook and KP as well. No matter what, England needs to try Carberry for the 3rd test. He is in good form and deserves a go. Morgan needs to score runs to keep Bell away from the team.

Angnew on Ajmal

"Saeed Ajmal is also a very dangerous bowler, and to not know which way the ball is spinning plays havoc with the mind and makes him exceptionally difficult to face.

I'm not just saying this because he took wickets but I think his action does need looking at though, and there is a lot of chuntering going on from people who think the same".

They have a point though, Ajmal missed selection in the team a few years ago because the PCB were concerned that his action was suspect.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Ok I really appreciate Salman Butt dedicating this win to the flood victims..I was hoping he would do that..

But the boy who replaced Gul?? He won you the match loser..at least mention his name...
He did at the end...initially he missed on it..but in the end he did say he bowled amazing spell and batted well too..so...not a fair criticism on Butt for that.

Jacknife

International Captain
Angnew on Ajmal

It's not like those 2 have just started mentioning Ajmals' action though is it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Angnew on Ajmal

Look, let them say what they want to say..it doesn't make any difference.It doesnt mean you have to be malicious as well.. People talk a lot of crap..some people call Imran Khan a tailender. If you take every crap that is being said so seriously, you will only get stressed and frustrated..you have to learn to ignore stuff at times..Enjoy the victory. Dont be malicious. And Agnew merely said his action needs to be looked at. Nothing so serious.. Thats his opinion and he is entitled to it. Ajmal was cleared once and I am sure he will be cleared again if the need arises

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I cant wait for the Ashes to start....its going to be an amazing battle!

I am not really sure about Trott doing well against the Aussies and am worried about Cook and KP as well. No matter what, England needs to try Carberry for the 3rd test. He is in good form and deserves a go. Morgan needs to score runs to keep Bell away from the team.
Whilst I'm not 100% convinced by Trott at number 3, he is the only one of the top 6 averaging over 40 in this series. Four of the others average under 30.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He did at the end...initially he missed on it..but in the end he did say he bowled amazing spell and batted well too..so...not a fair criticism on Butt for that.
no he referred him as "boy who replaced Gul"
Thats now the way you recognize a debutant's match winning performance as a captain

Look, let them say what they want to say..it doesn't make any difference.It doesnt mean you have to be malicious as well.. People talk a lot of crap..some people call Imran Khan a tailender. If you take every crap that is being said so seriously, you will only get stressed and frustrated..you have to learn to ignore stuff at times..Enjoy the victory. Dont be malicious. And Agnew merely said his action needs to be looked at. Nothing so serious.. Thats his opinion and he is entitled to it. Ajmal was cleared once and I am sure he will be cleared again if the need arises
Well said & thanks.

Faisal1985

At the end of the day i must say big thank you to Umar Akmal and Amir for keeping their calm and finishing it off in superb fashion.....i was quite nervous at the end but they were intelligent.

England were lucky that Cook scored a ton after constantly edging to the slips otherwise this may have been even a worse defeat...

Areas of concern for Pak...should Hameed retain his position? He did get a very good ball though to which he got out...Does Amir need rest..?

Faisal1985

And seriously guys....after being thrashed for 2 straight tests we have finally won and all you can discuss is Ajmal's action...bloody cheap...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's one of your own that brought it up after the match Faisal

Enjoy the victory anyway mate, you deserve it :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And seriously guys....after being thrashed for 2 straight tests we have finally won and all you can discuss is Ajmal's action...bloody cheap...
Err right. This coming from a person who a minute earlier said England were lucky that Cook scored a century otherwise they'd have lost by more.

England playing half-decently will beat Pakistan.

England playing well will crush Pakistan.

In a couple of years if you've gotten rid of the clowns at the top you might be in a similar position, but you're not there yet.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Areas of concern for Pak...should Hameed retain his position? He did get a very good ball though to which he got out...Does Amir need rest..?
Hameed should retain his position. No changes to the team to be honest unless they can bring in Younis Khan :ph34r: and get rid of Farhat.

But going back to Hameed..he batted well in the first innings..ok got a duck in the second innings but look at the number of chances Farhat and Salman have received.

Farhat,
Salman
Hameed
Yousuf
Ali
Akmal
Akmal
Ajmal
Aamer
Asif
Riaz

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Err right. This coming from a person who a minute earlier said England were lucky that Cook scored a century otherwise they'd have lost by more.

England playing half-decently will beat Pakistan.

England playing well will crush Pakistan.

In a couple of years if you've gotten rid of the clowns at the top you might be in a similar position, but you're not there yet.
:laugh::laugh:

and England playing quarter decently? :p