• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I expressed doubt about his quicker ball.

Having watch the slow-mo replays yesterday, I believe there's a problem with his action that needs looked at. Just because he was cleared 15 months ago doesn't mean he isn't chucking it now.

However, I hope that he is cleared if he's cited - I love watching spinners bowl when the batsmen haven't got a clue how to play him.
His action looked just as bad 15 months ago when he was cleared. If it was scientifically alright then, it'll still test okay now.

I'm not going to pretend I can accurately judge whether he's straightening his arm by 15 degrees or not just by watching him on TV.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You know this has been the story of Yousuf's career..

He plays some exquisite looking shots, looks really elegant because of his high back lift and breezes his way to a 56. Then he gets out. Now you can argue 'well at least he got a 50" but you know at this level, 50 is just not good enough from someone who is supposed to be the best batsman of the team. Now I am not comparing him with the Laras or the Tendulkars..
Just look at his contemporaries like Kallis, Jayawardene. They all have more runs, centuries than him and ultimately that is what makes the difference.

Tendulkar is Tendulkar because of 90 plus international centuries.
Your a Pak fan right - at least this is what I remember - forgive me if my memory is wrong. I would kill to have MY in the NZ team he is better than anything we have. He may not go down as an all time great - but he is going to go down as a bloody awesome player.
Someone posted - and I can't recall if it was you - that they were dissapointed with Yousuf after he was dismissed for 80 odd and Pak went on to lose the game against New Zealand in an earlier test match this year. I guess it is frustrating to see someone not fulfill their potential but an 80 run inning is pretty solid. It is also especially impressive when you are doing it as a solo act game after game. It is much easier for Mahela to score runs when you have Sangakarra at the other end to lessen the pressure from you not to mention the rest of the SL top order. I think Yousuf would be even better if he played in a stronger batting team.

Anyways you are lucky to have him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
His action looked just as bad 15 months ago when he was cleared. If it was scientifically alright then, it'll still test okay now.

I'm not going to pretend I can accurately judge whether he's straightening his arm by 15 degrees or not just by watching him on TV.
Yea but it's tested in a lab same as Botha. Which is clearly bollocks.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Personally wouldn't trade Taylor for Yousuf since Taylor has so many years left in him. But see what you're saying there Hurricane.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Jono's comment could come back to bite us in the ass when Pakistan, carried by their awesome bowling attack, turn out to be the main threat to India's #1 ranking (:cool:) around next year.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Your a Pak fan right - at least this is what I remember - forgive me if my memory is wrong. I would kill to have MY in the NZ team he is better than anything we have. He may not go down as an all time great - but he is going to go down as a bloody awesome player.
Someone posted - and I can't recall if it was you - that they were dissapointed with Yousuf after he was dismissed for 80 odd and Pak went on to lose the game against New Zealand in an earlier test match this year. I guess it is frustrating to see someone not fulfill their potential but an 80 run inning is pretty solid. It is also especially impressive when you are doing it as a solo act game after game. It is much easier for Mahela to score runs when you have Sangakarra at the other end to lessen the pressure from you not to mention the rest of the SL top order. I think Yousuf would be even better if he played in a stronger batting team.

Anyways you are lucky to have him.

See the thing is it all boils down to what standards you set. Yes Mohammad Yousuf is at least better batsman than Ross Taylor..Ross Taylor is at least a better batsman than Mohammad Ashraful and Mohammad Ashraful is at least a better batsman than Courtney Walsh.

The thing is, there will always be someone you will be better than. Thats not saying much.
The reason I do not compare Yousuf with Ross Taylor but with Jayawardene and Kallis is because he averages close to them. When he gets going, he looks very solid as a player, looks very elegant as I mentioned in my previous post, looks set for a big score like Kallis or Jayawardene..but then gets a 60 odd or 70 odd and gets out..whereas they convert it to a 170.
Now one can argue that at least he got 70, Ashraful gets 20...but why should I compare him with a lesser player? Yes if Azhar Ali gets a 80 odd..I will really praise him..but Yousuf getting a 80 odd is nothing to rave about.
Yes I was very disappointed when we lost that test match in New Zealand. No disrespect to New Zealand but this is not a team comprising of Fleming, Greatbatch, Astle, MacMillan, Cairns, Harris and Parore. This is a pretty weak NZ team and we should have won that series and Yousuf as the leading batsman should have scored at least one century in a 3 match series.

Anyway, having said all that, yes I would rather have him in the side than not. The difference he makes to the side is evident from the vast difference in performances..we were 72 all out in the last match..this one we managed 309 and looks like we might win this one. So yeah its better to have him in the team..but I have high expectations from him and more often than not he has disappointed especially on overseas tours.

Sir Alex

Banned
Nah India is too strong to relinquish the no.1 :cool: that easily.

Speaking of which a no.1 yorker from Anderson gets Yousuf... AWESOME delivery.. bowled him neck and crop.

5 wickets, 17 runs needed... whom ar eyou backing...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha Pakistan couldn't chase a total below 200 comfortably if their life depended on it.

Disgrace.

Top nut though