• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Jezroy

State Captain
No cricketer has succeeded in any way after a first up blob. Ever.
I'm guessing a bowler may have... But I know what you mean.

And Kane is going to destroy this statistic you bring and throw it in your face.

In your face.

Jezroy

State Captain
No cricketer has succeeded in any way after a first up blob. Ever.
PS - Ducks on test debut to

Ken Barrington
Marvan Attapatu
Michael Atherton
Martin Donnelly
Chris Gayle
Simon Katich
Saeed Anwar
Alec Stewart

AND Chris Martin

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I just watched the replay of the match last night. His dismissal didn't strike me as him really failing or doing too much wrong. No need for alarm he can ease his way into the international circuit. All it'll take is a score next match and he'll be all over the news and hyped up as the next great like Haider's done for pakistan.....
Wait till his played 10 or so matches then we should be rating him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look, lets face it - he looked terrible. He got a pretty good ball but no-one should be getting bowled middle stump by an outswinger like that. And he couldn't get bat on the loose ones on his pads, either.

That said, it doesn't mean much. I still have the utmost faith in the kid. He's going to be a gun - a nervous start doesn't change that.

TumTum

Banned
Yeah he didn't look comfortable in the crease but for some reason I think he has something special about him.

From only the 2 balls from the highlights I can analyze :laugh: he seems to resemble Ricky Ponting's technique. Unlike all the other **** NZ batsmen, when he was beaten outside off-stump he timed his feet movement to perfection rather then moving them after the ball passes the bat. Even when he got bowled, he shaped to play the ball onto the on-side with good footwork and getting behind the ball.

This was probably the worst time to debut, staring at an early collapse against a medium pacer that is swinging it big both ways. Might even been better if he faced somebody like Dale Steyn, at least would have had some pace to work with.