• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Have to feel for Pakistan. NZ fans know the feeling! Although for us it was Glenn McGrath, so that's even worse. At least Hilf has a FC average in double figures.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hilfeh's second FC half century. Pretty much the only Australian player I like. Katich not bad either I guess.

aussie tragic

International Captain
With Hilf on 56*, I was just checking what the highest score was for an Aussie #10 and am shocked to find that Glenn McGrath holds a batting record...his 61 is the highest score for an Aussie #11 :-O

...oh and 104 is the highest #10 score, which was scored way back in 1902

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Have to feel for Pakistan. NZ fans know the feeling! Although for us it was Glenn McGrath, so that's even worse. At least Hilf has a FC average in double figures.
Will never forget the "Oh **** off!" from Gilly as he saw McGrath's slog-sweep for 6

AaronK

State Regular
MCC Spirit of Cricket test series scipt: Test 1

-Pakistan win the toss and send Australia in to bat
-After a reasonably good start, Australia collapse massively
-At the start of day 2, Pakistan faff about while Hussey and Bollinger add another 10 or so runs
-Pakistan bat and do a Pakistan'. They are all out for less than 200.
-Australia bat again and get 350-400. Clarke tons up.
-Pakistan flail around again and lose by 200 or so runs.

Sounds about right to me.
you are almost right here mate.. it is just heart breaking expecting anything more than that..i am so disappointed.. Pakistan had a chance to finally beat Aus..but pakistani batsman crap their pants even before they face any Aussie bowlers..

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
you are almost right here mate.. it is just heart breaking expecting anything more than that..i am so disappointed.. Pakistan had a chance to finally beat Aus..but pakistani batsman crap their pants even before they face any Aussie bowlers..
Did i hear beat Australia! Dude that's like asking for a sunny day in England....

AaronK

State Regular
see this is what piss me off... Imran farhat.. even if he plays over 100 deliveries.. there is a chance that he can through his wicket cheaply the next delievery after that....

Faisal1985

see this is what piss me off... Imran farhat.. even if he plays over 100 deliveries.. there is a chance that he can through his wicket cheaply the next delievery after that....
That's why he is the biggest PARCHI in the team.

Faisal1985

hmm....Bollinger is being taken to cleaners here.....please don't lose your wicket in the process Butt....so bad are the Pak batting vowes that Butt is our only hope....

Faisal1985

Hilfenhaus to Imran Farhat, FOUR, 84.2 mph, the Pakistan openers are starting to find their feet now! It was a decent delivery, on a length just outside off and Farhat just angled it past backward point, but right out of the middle of the bat. The sun has come out in the last few hours, the pitch is easing up and the outfield is quickening!

Does this mean, we may have a game on here....?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, the Aussie tailenders were making it look pretty simple and traditionally the Lord's wicket eases out as the match progresses. Pakistan will still need a chase of a lifetime to win this though.