• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Spark

Global Moderator
Paine/Hussey have got to start working some singles. It's not moving around hugely like this morning and neither Asif/Amir are bowling.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Only Oz bowler I'd put money on is Bollinger

Hilf is likely as not to break down and Johnson was largely horrific (including just about the worst day of bowling I've ever seen) in England last year
Haven't seen Hilf bowl since his return, but would hope he's fit to bowl if he's included.

Agree with you about Johnson tho, which is why I omitted him. I realise I'm probably talking him into a Michelle now, but I reckon that his action and the Lords slope is never going to be a good match.

Spark

Global Moderator
Paine is being really annoying. Compare to Clarke who came in with the ball moving all over the shop and hit his first 30 at a run a ball...

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Hussey has looked really really good so far in his innings, just hit two awsome shots off Kaneria.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^^ Err thats an unfair comparision.. Paine is a wicket keeper btsman.. Clarke is a top order batsman..currently ranked 4rth (?) in world cricket and averages 50 with the bat.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paine is being really annoying. Compare to Clarke who came in with the ball moving all over the shop and hit his first 30 at a run a ball...
Hardly fair to compare one of the best test batsman in the world to a wk on debut

Sorry, the warrior beat me to it

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
^^ Err thats an unfair comparision.. Paine is a wicket keeper btsman.. Clarke is a top order batsman..currently ranked 4rth (?) in world cricket and averages 50 with the bat.
Right, but Paine is not getting runs. It's not that he's doing a Katich, hunkering down against really dangerous bowling. He just can't get off strike, he's hitting half-volleys straight to fielders.

An SR of 15 is a bit poor any way you cut it against an old ball.

I'm not saying he should be doing a Clarke, but I use that to point out this is not impossible bowling. It's his debut yes but...

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lovely ball that.

Tough start for Paine in test cricket, be very interesting to see how Smith goes.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Gul strikes and this time it's Paine gone. Nice pitched up ball from Gul which moved away slightly and Kamran actually caught it. Nervy, scratchy innings from Paine.

Smith in now..

King Pietersen

International Captain
Smith gone as well. Looks like he was unlucky though, as Hotspot has picked up an inside edge. Looked very comfortable against Gul too, shame to see him go so early.