• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Hoggy31

International Captain
Bucks would be so, so much better without Redd's contract. Bogut's a star though, only guy along with Dwight averaging 15/10/2.

Hopefully we see some big moves before the deadline, would love to see Iguodala alongside LBJ. Amare rumoured to Cavs as well but can't see him along side Shaq especially now with Hickson emerging. Al Jefferson will probably be dealt to a contender which is good news for Big Nate.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha man, what a game that was. Beating Cleveland and La without Melo. Feeling very optimistic about this team in the playoffs. They'll drop games against sub .500 teams but they are hot **** against the top teams. Bodes well for the end of the season. Just need one more rebounder, although Birdman was a beast today and Kenyon is playing the best ball he's played since Jersey.

Bonus win tbh, as the rough back to back in Utah is probably a loss but after the powderpuff start it's good to see the Lakers being reeled back into the pack. Haven't watched much NBA ball this year but getting right back into it now.

duffer

They'll get beat the **** up by Denver though, if they get a shot at Cleveland they'll be banged up hard. Not sure if they can do it, really liking what the Cavs are doing right now.

Johnners

13th straight for the Cavs with another win over the Magic. Going to be incredibly tough for anyone to stop them this year based on what I've seen so far. Nuggets & Lakers with a fit Melo/Kobe look the only other genuine contenders.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
13th straight for the Cavs with another win over the Magic. Going to be incredibly tough for anyone to stop them this year based on what I've seen so far. Nuggets & Lakers with a fit Melo/Kobe look the only other genuine contenders.
you nailed it...don't think anyone else stands a chance...

thierry henry

International Coach
Does anyone else collect basketball jerseys? Thinking of making it my expensive hobby tbh. Particularly fond of the old school designs, the uglier and more random the better really. Recently purchased a blue Lebron one which is the 1988/89 Cavs design, pretty snazzy imo.

Am coveting one of those awful blue (and rainbow) late 80s Nuggets ones, think it would be especially cool if it had Anthony on it (or Mutombo tbh), found some on Ebay but I'm suspicious of them as they are very cheap and not branded, seems too good to be true.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah beware of those eBay ones. Not a collector of bball jerseys but I did want to collect all Cricket WC ones and found a **** load of fakes on there. If it doesn't have the NBA seal I wouldn't bother tbh.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Steve Nash! So glad Deron "I'll carry the ball" Williams didn't beat Nash. Would've loved to see D Rose defend the title.

EDIT: Lamest dunk contest ever?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so butler goes to dallas and howard moves to washington....a medium move at best....i don't know how it makes the mavs all that stronger...

duffer

Think Butler for Howard is more or less a sideways move, both are perenially injured, inconsistent chuckers but at least Caron is big and when he wants to is a good defender. Gooden for Hayward on paper is an excellent move as they've gotten rid of a scrub for a guy who's made his name as a top defensive centre and rebounder. His defence is nowhere near what it used to be but he's still okay on the boards so they have improved but not as much as Cuban thinks. Stevenson if he gets minutes will be hilarious to watch on defence though.

They've gotten better but it's hilarious how people are saying this move will get them closer to the Lakers, they'd still go down to the Nuggets if they ever run into them come playoff time, Marion and Butler both get lit up by Melo, Kidd can't handle Billups, Kenyon is the best defender on Dirk in the league and Dampier and Haywood are too slow to cover Nene in the post.

Completely unworried about this one, the ones that do interest me are the potential Hinrich to the Lakers and the Amare rumours. Looking forward to this deadline day.

EDIT: Reports seem to think Amare for Big Z and Hickson is a done deal and ESPN reporting that Camby to Portland for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake is also done. Need to get my head around these, Phoenix have been raped in their deal but the Portland one is pretty intriguing.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
how does hinrich to the lakers make them any stronger? he has not been playing all that well or consistently for a while now...amare to cleveland is very good for them i'd think...if they acquire him without losing any of their major pieces and the team stays healthy, i don't see any team in the east who can stop them...

duffer

Who says it would improve them. It's just a move which intrigues me as it would show they have little confidence in Fisher or Brown running the point deep into the playoffs.

I think Cleveland would be better of staying pat than trading for Amare. Big Z offers them a lot of manouvering with regards to how they spread the floor and can give Shaq huge rest minutes and Amare and Shaq hasn't exactly worked wonders for them before. Also you'd have no idea of him wanting to resign with the team or not and whether he will ever bother to play defence or if he ever can be a good defender after this many years of not bothering with it.

Would honeslty prefer if they went hard to get a Troy Murphy rather than an Amare.

Johnners

Who says it would improve them. It's just a move which intrigues me as it would show they have little confidence in Fisher or Brown running the point deep into the playoffs.

I think Cleveland would be better of staying pat than trading for Amare. Big Z offers them a lot of manouvering with regards to how they spread the floor and can give Shaq huge rest minutes and Amare and Shaq hasn't exactly worked wonders for them before. Also you'd have no idea of him wanting to resign with the team or not and whether he will ever bother to play defence or if he ever can be a good defender after this many years of not bothering with it.

Would honeslty prefer if they went hard to get a Troy Murphy rather than an Amare.
Do agree re: defense though, my biggest concern if the trade happened.

Johnners

NBA trade deadline: The latest info - ESPN

There has been speculation that the Cavs are not truly interested in Stoudemire because they have yet to contact his agent, Happy Walters, about whether Stoudemire would sign a long-term deal with Cleveland.

But sources close to the situation say Stoudemire would be of value to the Cavaliers regardless of his feelings about a long-term contract. If things go well and Cleveland wins a title, he likely will want to re-sign, and if he doesn't want to re-sign, the Cavs will be able to use him in a sign-and-trade deal.
For those who have a better understanding of the NBA contract system, how does/would a sign & trade deal work?