• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought the handball was pretty dubious myself, would defo given it.

Aside from that, a splendid result. Quite an evenly matched sort of game really, both cancelled each other out for the most part I thought, Arsenal just shading it really, well earnt 3 points. Was thrilled at how much more solid the midfield looked with the absence of Denilson. I'll take my hat off to Clichy as well, he had a really solid game, helped by the fact that Maxi was pretty poor. Well done Almunia as well, his save late on deny Babel's long range effort prevented two points being lost.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fairly poorly officiated game all round from Webb and the linos (glad they'll be our representatives at the World Cup), got countless of those type of decision wrong, thought Bendtner's booking was poor, definite contact, and I wasn't sure the original F-K in that final incident was kosher.

Not a great match in any way. Uniteds performance was brilliant though, from what I saw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thought Bendtner clearly dived tbh, contact maybe, but he was already throwing himself down. Gerrard at it as well at the other end, though the ref didn't seem to see this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fairly poorly officiated game all round from Webb and the linos (glad they'll be our representatives at the World Cup), got countless of those type of decision wrong, thought Bendtner's booking was poor, definite contact, and I wasn't sure the original F-K in that final incident was kosher.

Not a great match in any way. Uniteds performance was brilliant though, from what I saw.
serious?

Matteh

Dislike Nani so so much. Never seen him do anything of note, just seems to try and do a flick and then loses the ball.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dislike Nani so so much. Never seen him do anything of note, just seems to try and do a flick and then loses the ball.
Only time I've ever seen him play well was against Arsenal the other week, annoyingly. I dislike him for more or less the same reasons though. Is the feeling I would have had for Cristiano Ronaldo were it not for the fact that he actually isn't ****.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Arsenal somehow back in the title race after those results...only 6 points behind.
They were never out of it, particularly not with their run-in. The media seem to need someone to write off every week, and it was Arsenal's turn last week.

duffer

Apart from being outside the box for the handball it was never a free kick to Liverpool in the first place after another disgraceful dive from that slut Gerrard. Complete ****, he can **** off.

Thought we were well worth the win though, the first 35 minutes of the 2nd half we were excellent. Arshavin (before the injury), Diaby, Eboue, Gallas,Theo and Bendtner were all very good. Very happy with the response and now we're back all of a sudden. This season is killing me, have no idea what's what.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hehe, Gerrard likes a dive but really, big four supporters complaining about the other players diving, haha, really? :p

duffer

Think I'm more pissed off at the commentators who went on about Bendtner diving but Gerrard lost his balance and fell forwards on both of his. Efan Ekoku I think it was. ****.

EDIT: Just saw the Spurs result. Heh @ Redknapp who was crowing after our last 2 games and going on about finishing above us.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, only thing I can say in Nani's defence is that I dont think it had malace, was aiming for the ball, looking at the ball..... Luckily got enough of the ball not to break someones leg, horrid tackle, no defence

In other news, still ****ing hate Friedel, been doing this against us since about 1884.

Last edited: