• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I'm different in that way personally. I'd rather have us go for the trophies which are achievable than piss them away chasing fanciful ideas like the Premiership (considering our squad and their propensity to **** themselves I think it is fanciful). Seeing Arsenal in a cup final at Wembley would be a heap better than the **** on a stick collapses that we're being fed these days.

Either way, improve the squad to a state where we can actually compete in all competitions as opposed to neglecting it and having to sacrifice them and it becomes irrelevant.
Yeah I think that is a point that we can definitely agree on. I'm not sure why Wenger is so opposed to just going out and buying a few new top class players in one go. The last time he went out and changed the look of the side quite drastically around 2000/01 by bringing in Wiltord, Pires and Lauren reaped rewards within a year or so. I'm not suggesting that money should be spent for spending's sake, and that having faith in the young players will undoubtedly reap rewards and some point down the line, but really....it's at the stage now where we really really need at least 2 new faces, at the least.

Craig

World Traveller
I see Arsenal fast becoming a bunch of also rans. Good enough for 2nd or 3rd, but lack that little bit extra to go up to the next level.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Arsenal fast becoming a bunch of also rans. Good enough for 2nd or 3rd, but lack that little bit extra to go up to the next level.
Will be a whole lot worse when Wenger eventually leaves/retires. Unless big investment comes with his sucessor I could see them really slipping away, will be a very hard act to follow and think a lot of players would be likely to leave with him. No idea if it will happen in the next few years though so might not be an issue.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How the **** were Pompey ever allowed to get into the situation they are in?
Because the EPL is an absolute farce of a league.

UEFA needs to get tough with an association that allows its member clubs to run up eye watering amounts of debt.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Really hoping Babel replaces Ngog upfront today. Or Kuyt, though I do prefer him in midfield.

chalky

International Debutant
Babel? Do you really watch Liverpool play? Really?
To be fair his last half decent game was against Arsenal however that was a couple of years ago in the Champions League.

Obvious that Rafa doesn't fancy him now though aparantly the only reason Babel didn't get sold in the transfer window was that Benitez was told he couldn't reinvest the money.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
This is Camps all over again. He's clearly better than Ngog, calm down Little Miss Questions.
He may look or give the impression that he has a lot to offer, but he hasn't offered much for a long time. In the Everton game when he came on he practically lost or gave away every ball he got whereas when Ngog was on he had solid hold-up play.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Benitez is seriously pissing me off. For a good 20 minutes the team was begging for a change and he did nothing until we conceded. Maxi was ****-house and was begging to have been taken off for Riera.