• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ottis Gibson quits England for Windies role

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You also mentioned that Darren Bravo's 19 off 16 balls in a ODI showed he could bat in ODIs, so it's not remotely clear. I thought you were talking about some teenaged West Indians (IIRR that one's actually someone called Holder) when in fact you were talking about Mohammad Aamer and Wayne Parnell.
Firstly what's my views on Darren Bravo got to do with you confessing that you know nothing about Aamer and Parnell? :unsure: i'd rather stay on topic but seeing as you've distorted my view i have to respond to that claim, me talking about Darren Bravo's ODI debut was merely mentioning the experience he's had in the game at different levels, i.e FC, champions league and ODI'S, i never said he was a world beater at ODI already, but anyway everyone who follows international cricket should know who Aamer and Parnell are, i find it unbelievable that you'd even suggest that you thought i was talking about "West Indian youngsters", that's just bizarre to me.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say, I didn't read the post with absolute attention-to-detail; the Bravo Darren mention was merely to point-out that it wasn't obvious at all that you were referring to those who'd already played Test cricket.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
As I say, I didn't read the post with absolute attention-to-detail; the Bravo Darren mention was merely to point-out that it wasn't obvious at all that you were referring to those who'd already played Test cricket.
You didn't "read my post with attention to detail" but just happened to respond to it with two different answers? keep em coming Richard, your on a roll today!! :laugh: .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah i'm unable to log on Mike, i guess there's something wrong with the server?!! as for the Barbados kids, i actually think they'll be in sooner than two years but i didn't bother to say it because i know it would only make you and others have another heart attack :laugh: .
There's an obvious problem with a teenaged fast bowler playing Test cricket, aside from the fact that he's highly unlikely to be good at it. That's that the stress of the game will almost certain take a toll on him and lead to injury. And that's no good for anyone.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah you talked about Darren Bravo and then said you didn't know anything about Aamer and Parnell.. here it is..

It's not all that much different for batsmen either, but the case for Darren Bravo to play right now is inconsiderable and I doubt anyone is seriously contemplating it.

Until this thread I'd never even heard of them so I obviously can't offer an informed opinion, but based on the fact that almost no bowler is good enough at their age I'd say the answer is very probably no.
Anyway no worries Richard, we all make mistakes :cool: .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
There's an obvious problem with a teenaged fast bowler playing Test cricket, aside from the fact that he's highly unlikely to be good at it. That's that the stress of the game will almost certain take a toll on him and lead to injury. And that's no good for anyone.
Mr M have you seen Holder? the kid looks as big as Kieron Pollard already :laugh: , sometimes a kid can come through and defy the odds, to look at a different sport for a second look how physically developed Rooney was at 16? most 16 year olds don't play Premiership football but because Wayne had the physique along with the skills he got his chance, i believe that it's the same thing where Holder is concerned, he had a good debut for Barbados already, if that form continues i think he'll be in the WI squad very soon tbh.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah you talked about Darren Bravo and then said you didn't know anything about Aamer and Parnell.. here it is..

That doesn't make it all that clear you were talking about Aamer and Parnell. And from what I understand, Parnell has been gash in FC cricket this season.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've reported it, so they should be working on it....

I'm really keen to see how Holder and Braithwaite play in the remaining matches. I've never been that impressed with Browne - he struck me as a batsman who tried to keep wicket, much like Baugh. I hope Dowrich is better, but we'll see. So far, none of our regional keepers - bar Ramdin - have shown any ability with the bat this domestic season.
Carlton Baugh:cool:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
That doesn't make it all that clear you were talking about Aamer and Parnell. And from what I understand, Parnell has been gash in FC cricket this season.
I'd advise you to read the thread from page 5 Craig because i'm not sure you've comprehended what me and Richard are talking about.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

:unsure: How on Earth is talking about Darren Bravo "coming-up with two different answers"?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you look at my post history you'll see I do that with very considerable regularity. Sometimes I even read one part of a post with more attention-to-detail than another. But there we go - if you want to believe I made a different mistake to the one I made, then there's nothing as will stop you. But I won't be fretting over it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah it's no big deal Richard, you just said that you didn't know anything about two of the worlds best up and coming bowlers, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah it's no big deal Richard, you just said that you didn't know anything about two of the worlds best up and coming bowlers, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
Ind33d - and I do, FTR, know a fair few things about them (whether they're two of the best upcoming bowlers we'll see in years to come), especially Parnell. Anyway, maybe we can put this war of what-precisely-was-the-mistake-you-made to bed now?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Ind33d - and I do, FTR, know a fair few things about them (whether they're two of the best upcoming bowlers we'll see in years to come), especially Parnell. Anyway, maybe we can put this war of what-precisely-was-the-mistake-you-made to bed now?
Yeah i think it's done now!! :cool: