• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not the worst idea - if I can get the car out I might bring my lad along and buy him his first legal pint
I daresay I will be there, I often am on days when there is a live game on. In the event that you do, and that I can be bothered to walk up Wokingham Road, I shall wear my hat for identification purposes.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I daresay I will be there, I often am on days when there is a live game on. In the event that you do, and that I can be bothered to walk up Wokingham Road, I shall wear my hat for identification purposes.
I may regret asking this but what hat?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
wtf is with Burnley getting Brian Laws as manager?
Yeah, seriously duff option. Might as well starting planning for the Championship now. If he's not good enough for Wednesday why is he a viable Prem manager suddenly?

Comes off as a **** in interviews too; a sort of Phil Brown lite.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And his temper indirectly cost us a fortune because it resulted in us signing Ivano Bonetti, doh

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And his temper indirectly cost us a fortune because it resulted in us signing Ivano Bonetti, doh
Ha, had completely forgotten about that. Remember the pics of Bonetti sitting there is his twatty cap sporting a shiner Laws had (allegedly) given him. When he was Grimsby boss?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, had completely forgotten about that. Remember the pics of Bonetti sitting there is his twatty cap sporting a shiner Laws had (allegedly) given him. When he was Grimsby boss?
Yep, that's the one

In Aldo's book he says he was by far and away the most difficult player to manage (though he managed us for a few more years after that and there were a fair few spats so that may have changed!). I'm about to paraphrased but apparently they once had a conversation that went like this:

Aldo: You're not tracking back enough in games
Bonetti: Why should I?
Aldo: Because it's a winger's job
Bonetti: But I've played in a European Cup final