• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
United win tonight and we're 5 points behind when we could've been a point ahead at FT of our game.
FFS.

Jarquis

Great idea, searching for a late equaliser so lets spread it wide and cross it into our 4 foot nothing attacking threat.

social

Haha typical Arsenal really, had enough chances to well and truly put this one beyond doubt. Hopefully can somehow salvage a draw in the last minutes and win the game in hand, but this is a very bad result otherwise.
Surely you mean Everton?

They could've score 5 or 6 whilst Arsenal have barely threatened and needed a deflection from an innocuous shot to get their only goal

****, make that 2 deflections

Jammy bastards

Jarquis

ROSICKY YOU ****ING BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Zz

dire at whinging preventing me from celebrating instantly, stick your 30s waiting time up your arse.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Leaving aside an incendiary term like 'exploitation' which we could talk for days about. How, in your opinion would Africa be different now if European powers had not made a presence there?
I was going to ask this but thought it would be a bit too OT.

I just finished a module on pretty much this exact topic. It's interesting how people blame Europe for the slavery, disease, racial discrimination, war and widespread poverty. All of these were present in Africa a long, long time before any white people got there.

grecian

Surely you mean Everton?

They could've score 5 or 6 whilst Arsenal have barely threatened and needed a deflection from an innocuous shot to get their only goal

****, make that 2 deflections

Jammy bastards
Really don't know how you can say that, thier where stages when the Arse utterly dominated. Still lacking a cutting edge though. Odd you can say that when they score so many goals, but the fact is they had masses of possession yet your probably right about the toffees having more clear-cut chances. 5 or 6 to nought though is basic WUMing obviously.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They didn't play especially badly but they were still seriously jammy. Frank Lampard would have been proud of those goals.

Pothas

I was going to ask this but thought it would be a bit too OT.

I just finished a module on pretty much this exact topic. It's interesting how people blame Europe for the slavery, disease, racial discrimination, war and widespread poverty. All of these were present in Africa a long, long time before any white people got there.
Well all these things have existed pretty much everywhere, but as I have already said that this does not stop the fact that imperialism massively influenced the course of African history in pretty much every way possible. To say other would frankly be ridiculous.

grecian

They didn't play especially badly but they were still seriously jammy. Frank Lampard would have been proud of those goals.
Didn't say they weren't lucky, of course they were with those goals, but any assertion that Everton dominated is nonsense.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well all these things have existed pretty much everywhere, but as I have already said that this does not stop the fact that imperialism massively influenced the course of African history in pretty much every way possible. To say other would frankly be ridiculous.
Id be willing to talk about this in another thread.

social

Didn't say they weren't lucky, of course they were with those goals, but any assertion that Everton dominated is nonsense.
Didnt mean to imply that they dominated, more to the effect that they had 5/6 clear chances whereas Arsenal really didnt create much at all in the danger area

grecian

Didnt mean to imply that they dominated, more to the effect that they had 5/6 clear chances whereas Arsenal really didnt create much at all in the danger area

Yeah, fair enough actually, I'm just in a bad mood about another footie result:)

social

Id be willing to talk about this in another thread.
Set it up - I do some work there from time to time and, as I mentioned earlier, have a mate who is intimately involved with the place so it would be interesting to hear other points of view :)

grecian

Oh dear has Rooney got a foot injury, hate to use the "m" word:-O

Edit: nah he seems to be running around okay.

Last edited: