• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There is a lot of talk by the commentators about the running between the wickets. I have always thought that the striking batsman should run on the same side of the wickets as the bowler. But both batsman are running on the other side of the wicket and having to avoid each other - and that close in fielder at silly mid off.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will someone please get these two out? They clearly don't want to be out there any more.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I don't see acceleration as a big deal for Pakistan right now. In fact I think it will do Australia more harm to show some patience than to play shots. No doubt Australia want to be batting again, and one way or the other, Pakistan playing shots takes them to that stage faster.

It's just day 2 and Australia's all but by the neck. Take your time and make it count, Pakistan.

Burgey

Hmm, I think it's a gamble bowling Hauritz here - could completely relieve all the pressure.
Got some good turn.

On the run rate, I think Australia showed the alternative approach yesterday, and it was a balls up. These two have had some luck, but there's been some decent bowling, and unlike our blokes yesterday, these two have treated it with respect.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Gripping session of credit. Full credit to Butt and Farhat for how they approached the morning up until about 30 minutes ago. Don't see any reason why Pakistan should change the tempo of the game, if they are still batting in this fashion at 5pm, then fair enough. But as it stands, they are still behind, the wicket is still tough, the Australian bowlers have been on the money all morning, don't change the approach to batting.

Burgey

FMD, Warne in the nets on the Cricket Show at lunch putting on a clinic. Answering emails by showing how to bowl the different balls. He's landed the first 5 on a 10 cent piece and spun them miles. Man is a deadset freak. How to bowl the quicker leggie was especially interesting imo.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FMD, Warne in the nets on the Cricket Show at lunch putting on a clinic. Answering emails by showing how to bowl the different balls. He's landed the first 5 on a 10 cent piece and spun them miles. Man is a deadset freak. How to bowl the quicker leggie was especially interesting imo.
Hmmm. We don't get the lunchtime show in New Zealand, sadly. But, we do get to see all of the cricket. Is it me, or are they constantly talking about "Saying goodbye to their Sydney viewers..." to go to the news or the latest American sitcom?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Gripping session of credit. Full credit to Butt and Farhat for how they approached the morning up until about 30 minutes ago. Don't see any reason why Pakistan should change the tempo of the game, if they are still batting in this fashion at 5pm, then fair enough. But as it stands, they are still behind, the wicket is still tough, the Australian bowlers have been on the money all morning, don't change the approach to batting.
I think the batsman will get their temperaments worn down by batting at 1.5 runs an over and will get out. I think half an hour after lunch they need to accelerate to 3 an over. That said if Hauritz is going to turn the ball square then they just need to survive against him.

Burgey

Hmmm. We don't get the lunchtime show in New Zealand, sadly. But, we do get to see all of the cricket. Is it me, or are they constantly talking about "Saying goodbye to their Sydney viewers..." to go to the news or the latest American sitcom?
Yes, I discussed this issue with the girl on the switchboard last evening when they told us they were staying with the cricket right through, then pissed off to the news when Dougeh got out.

Dougeh.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but wonderful bit of sour grapes from The Herald Sun:

"DRUG-TAINTED quick Mohammad Asif destroyed Australia..." :laugh:

This kind of trash does not surprise me one bit from Australian media. I have come to expect this level of writing from some of the journalists in the Australian media now..It was terrible when India toured in 07

funny how its never mentioned that a drug tainted leg spinner grabs 700 test wickets and this very person was involved with giving illegal information to bookies.

Its like totally erased...no one will ever mention it..which is fine with me..but then the same tolerance should be shown to other culprits?

Yeah, a real charmer. Also mentions Asif spoke in "broken English". What's the relevance?!? Talk about cheap shot.
:laugh::laugh:

Is that guy for real ? Not worth talking about that drivel in much more depth.

But yes, very dissapointed in the Aussie batsmen, I love a greentop, it sorts out the men from the buys, I was looking forward to a dour scrap, looks like there's a few 'boys' in the team who haven't seen a greentop for a while
Yeah lot of people were disappointed about the lack of application of the Australian batsmen..I think this is what happens when you are used to playing on easy conditions, flat wickets...I believe Ponting and Clarke are two of the most accomplished batsmen in the world today and have the calibre to play in these situations but the reason they failed was because they are simply not used to playing on these pitches. Its a bit like how after a 2 week vacation, waking up at 6 on Monday morning becomes all the more difficult.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No-one really brought it up regarding Asif UNTIL he took a 5-fer - at least, not so prominently. Really lame.
Nope..I read a piece in the Australian I think a month back with the headlines "drug cheat Asif raring to go against the Aussies"