• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't find a way to celebrate this. Hasselbaink's goal at Elland Rd, Viduka's at Highbury. **** me I hate Leeds United as much as ever.

cpr

International Coach
Well, fair play to Leeds, beat us solidly. Strikers hardly given a sniff, midfield not given a second to pick a pass (untill Giggs came on), Wes Brown added to his 2 league goals he already has for Leeds with a display so ****ing inept its untrue. **** me the guy is beyond dire. Yes he can tackle, yes he can run, but he cant ****ing think or read a game to save his life. Think its time Fergie checked the best before date on the Neviller aswell.

Uppercut will be pleased to note I thought Anderson had a good game from a defensive mid point of view, suppose i've got to stop thinking of him as an attack minded midfielder, as he still creates little (compare the chances and balls into the box Giggs played compared to Anderson).

Obertan looked all fur coat no knickers tbh, almost scared of putting the cross in or the ball into the box, rather play sidewards. And Fergies obsession with starting Welbeck on the left is grating. The kids a promising out and out striker, his strength is running at a defence and having a crack, a la the one at the start of the second half (for reference Fergie, see Beckford, Jermaine). His left foot is about as good as Giggs' right. Playing out of position, being out of the game then being hauled off is not going to help him improve and will ruin his confidence. Also, wearing gloves, your from Manchester not Senegal, harden the **** up

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
**** off is it. Its not even that cold out there (the test being: Did i need to de-ice the car this morning - no, then its not cold). Irks me when any player wears gloves, but a local lad, stop being so soft, who cares if your fingers arnt toasty, your there to ****ing kick it, not fondle the thing. Run about a bit more then you'll warm up.

duffer

I remember a game in September when Arshavin was the only one in our team wearing gloves. Genuine piss ourselves laughing moment when we all realised.

grecian

Should be all made to wear short-sleeved shirts too. Watched a match in freezing temps last year, and all but one of the players on both sides were wearing Short-sleeves.

Lower div football, FTW:)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Most people object to it because it's yet another sign of 'namby pamby' soft players, who get paid millions and yet still lose to teams 2 divisions below.
I'm sure Arshavin cares very much about that. Meh, don't have people wearing them here so not much cause to develop a culture against it. Fair enough.:happy:

duffer

Vela, Merida, Ramsey and wee Jack all starting today. Looking forward to this one now. C'mon Arsenal....

grecian

Blimey this must be two of the most light-weight midfield and attacks to ever play in the FA cup:blink:

cpr

International Coach
They'd still manage to get past our light weight defence though. Vidic pulled up in the warm up today n all. Seriously wtf is going on, have we signed a physio from Arsenal or something?

duffer

Ramsey and Wilshere are both surprisngly strong on the ball and in the tackle. Song's a bonafide beast though. The others fair enough.