• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Interestingly, didn't do it when Warne picked up bags.
A mere oversight, one assumes.

It's actually gutter journalism of the worst kind, tbh. From what I've gathered on CW the paper's rep isn't very high (to put it politely), but jeez. Awful stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A mere oversight, one assumes.

It's actually gutter journalism of the worst kind, tbh. From what I've gathered on CW the paper's rep isn't very high (to put it politely), but jeez. Awful stuff.
Yeah it's pure scum.

I'm going to be making a complaint tomorrow just so I can yell at someone at the Herald Sun. If they choose to refer to Asif regarding his drug problems that's fine, but the reference to his broken English is incredible. Wouldn't think you'd see it in 2010.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Left a critical comment on the story regarding the reference to drugs and 'broken English'. Has to get through moderation on the site, which I doubt it will.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I did too haha. Doubt it'll get through either.

Of course comments like "Ponting needs Swisse UltiVite" does of course.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yeah I don't see relevance at all, despite what you think about the drugs problem history, No one talks about it in regards to Warne now he's retired

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Also forwarded the link to the ABC's MediaWatch program. They'll generally send a "would you care to comment" to the paper's Editor-in-Chief, and put the story on air with a pleasingly withering commentary on the standard of journalism. If others want to as well, their email address is mediawatch(at)your.abc.net.au

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't see relevance at all, despite what you think about the drugs problem history, No one talks about it in regards to Warne now he's retired
No-one brought it up when he was still playing and had just taken 5-fer either.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
No-one really brought it up regarding Asif UNTIL he took a 5-fer - at least, not so prominently. Really lame.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just to take away our attention from the scummy Herald Sun, check out this great article about Asif on Cricinfo.

Mohammad Asif: A master strategist | Cricket Features | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Love Osman Samiuddin.

Awesome reference ot the fact Asif went under the radar here in Australia. All the talk pre-tour was about Kaneria and Gul, with Ajmal also getting mentioned. Then after the MCG it was all about Aamer.

Considering Asif's record prior to this tour (and his drug problems!) it was quite surprising.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering Asif's record prior to this tour (and his drug problems!) it was quite surprising.
Yes and no; he hadn't done well against OZ yet. Now he has, the press have to destroy him. In the constitution or something.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yes and no; he hadn't done well against OZ yet. Now he has, the press have to destroy him. In the constitution or something.
Swear I heard some dickheads yelling "no-ball" during Kaneria's brief spell today. Sometimes you despair for cricket in this country...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I meant that Asif didn't get any attention as being Pakistan's best bowler and leader of the attack.

All the talk was of every other bowler. Not like Kaneria or Gul had done well against Australia right? Yet all the Aust players mentioned them when asked about Pakistan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The article from the Herald Sun was just criticised on SEN (a 24 hour sports radio station here in Melb).

Good to see.