• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think that opting to bat at the toss was the problem. The problem was the lack of application shown by Ponting, Hussey, North etc... who all threw their wickets away.

Hughes looks incredibly out of touch. His feet were planted the whole time, which meant he was off balance for his shots, which is eventually why he nicked one. Footwork is so important.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I am surprised Ponting opted to bat, given what the pitch looked and played like, and what he might have expected this Aussie attack to do to Pakistan's fairly fragile batting first up. But my comment above was specifically regarding Stedman bagging me for predicting Hughes would feast on Sami - it's not that I was wrong, it's just that Ponting made the wrong call at the toss! :p

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am surprised Ponting opted to bat, given what the pitch looked and played like, and what he might have expected this Aussie attack to do to Pakistan's fairly fragile batting first up. But my comment above was specifically regarding Stedman bagging me for predicting Hughes would feast on Sami - it's not that I was wrong, it's just that Ponting made the wrong call at the toss! :p
Who is Stedman?

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Man, I nearly got a little too excited this morning when I seen the pitch, this is just really good for cricket. The fact that they played it like **** and the Pakis bowled extremely well are different matters

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I'd like to personally congratulate Phil Hughes on his return to Test cricket. Fantastic to see him picking up from were he left off in England.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I'd like to personally congratulate Phil Hughes on his return to Test cricket. Fantastic to see him picking up from were he left off in England.
My thoughts exactly, looked **** for every one of the 10 balls he faced

Now where is Chris Rogers, every team should have a token Ranga

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Decided to actually check out the highlights just now.

So annoyed with Ponting and Hussey and Haddin ffs, these are the older guys in the team and they played some stupid shots. I reckon the Aussie batsman should hit the ball across the carpet ffs.

North and Hughes dismissals were pretty typical for the pair of them. North will be under heaps of pressure now.

Watson got a great ball, did very well just to nick it.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I doubt anybody in the Australian cricket system could compile an interview in urdu. That's ridiculous sensationalism.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Is that guy for real ? Not worth talking about that drivel in much more depth.

But yes, very dissapointed in the Aussie batsmen, I love a greentop, it sorts out the men from the buys, I was looking forward to a dour scrap, looks like there's a few 'boys' in the team who haven't seen a greentop for a while