• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Had an enjoyable day at the cricket despite the rain and piss poor Australian batting performance.

Apparently I was on TV a couple times. I was wearing a blue singlet and wearing a sombrero with a couple friends if anyone saw me.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Some mixed emotions on my part concerning the current state of affairs.

Being an Aussie supporter, it was frustrating to see the lack of focus and application shown by the majority of the batsmen.

Personally thought that we played a bit too impetuously early on and employed an aggressive mindset despite the conditions.

In saying that, the Pakistan bowlers deserve credit and it was refreshing to see a fairer contest between bat and ball.

Though if Australia can restrict Pakistan to around 250 or less tomorrow, it's anyone's game.

Edit: NUFAN, how was the the tennis?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok I will rephrase that. Personally for me, Asif is quite above Stuart Clark. However, I have no problems if people are not yet willing to accept that..I am happy to wait 2 more years when more and more people including you guys will accept that.
Given we've probably seen less of Asif than you and vice versa with Clark then you may be right in time. If he keeps going in this vein then he'll be right up there.

At the moment there's not a huge difference in their averages and Clark set the world on fire up until he was injured.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:laugh:One of many I suppose. Might skip tomorrow so I can drink beer and watch it on TV at a mates house but I think I'll go members on day 3,4 and 5.
Do you think there will be a day 5?

Hit Wicket - tennis was pretty good, I've just written about it in the tennis thread :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A bit surprised at the emnity directed at the Aussies for failing on a greentop against a decent attack. Can only imagine the apoplexy had the internets been around when they were bowled out for 145 on a road at Adelaide against a vastly inferior attack in '92 (a game which they won, by the way).

It's far from over and if Pakistan lose a couple early tomorrow.......

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope

Doesnt look like a test cricketer and isnt really performing at any level

There must come a time when selectors say "**** him, SA was a fluke"
No offence but this is bollocks considering he took Victoria for a ton the other week in a fairly tough situation. He's all of 21! He's not that experienced even at FC level, really. I know he looks awkward but to write him off now is ridiculous. Maybe do it if he's still playing the same way at 28 but not at 21.