• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
So if Younis Khan makes it in time for the Sydney Test, or comes at all, I guess this what the Pakistan line-up should be:

Farhat
Butt
Younis
* Yousef
Umar Akmal
Misbah
+ Kamran Akmal
Aamer
Gul
Kaneria
Asid

Otherwise you could drop one of the openers for Fawad Alam, or for some reason you can bring back Khurram Manzoor.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah that's got to be close to the team.

I think Ajmal is still a chance of keeping his spot in front of the third seamer though.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Easy morning session for Australia. I was really looking forward to an interesting day of cricket, now two hours later and I am disappointed I will have to find something else to fill my day.

Johnson proving why he is one of the more dangerous bowlers in the world. I don't think he will ever find the consistancy that many expect him to one day develop. But the Australian side can surely carry him whilst Bollinger, Siddle, Hauritz and Watson are all working so well in combination.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A great declaration by Ponting set this match up nicely, backed up by some good bowling. Pakistan will hopefully improve for the Sydney match though. Looking forward to the lat two falling soon after lunch.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Ponting should be hailed for two brave declarations. I know lot of people thought he made a silly decision but I was greatly impressed. I have always found Ponting's approach and attitude as a captain quite timid, petty and negative after the retirement of Warne, McGrath and Langer in 06. Before that, there wasnt much to assess of his captaincy as he was captaining a team of basically robots who would go out there and do the job day in and day out and everything would go according to plan. But it was in India in 2008, against South Africa in 2008 and England in 2009 where Ponting's timid and petty nature came out.

So I am glad he is trying to change and be more brave as a captain. The two declarations were fantastic..
It gave two messages - one to his own bowlers - "I have the faith in you guys, and I am giving you almost 2 days to finish the job...and I reckon you guys will knock them over

the message to Pakistan - "I really dont have much regard for your team and your pathetic batsmen..I know you guys cant pick up 20 wickets..nor can you get remotely close to a target of 422..so I am just not going to bother and declare early"

It will be interesting to see if he is able to continue this approach against teams like India and South Africa

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if he is able to continue this approach against teams like India and South Africa
I think you will find he is smart enough to approach teams on their merits than to use the same approach across the board.

Also Pontings captaincy against SA was excellent, nothing at all to complain about. The ashes didnt go as planned but it was a very close fought series and Australia did very well.

Interesting that local ABC comms (Skull) remarked that Ponting is held in higher regard by the Australian players than Waugh or Taylor.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's been a great test match for Hauritz now.
He's got his highest score with the bat and best bowling figures with the ball!

Well played Australia, pretty meek surrender by Pakistan this morning.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
As you know, not a huge fan of Hilf but Siddle just not growing as a bowler. Good times for our bowling, very solid with McKay around as well (anyone who judges him on his first Test is an idiot).
Thought Siddle produced his best bowling since South Africa in this test tbh.