• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Johnson annoys the hell out of me, he can be deadly, can put batsmen in hospital and be unplayable, but then there are times when he can barely land the ball on the cutting strip, and was talk of him getting dropped from the team. I guess the true definition of a shock bowler.

pasag

RTDAS
australia scored at a slower rate in the 2nd ing, they should have attacked more. It is still their game to lose.
Did you watch at all? Constant wickets were falling and every time we tried to attack we failed. Pakistan dictated terms. At 3/40 and 6/160 we had to rebuild and ensure we weren't bundled out giving Pakistan all the time in the world to chase a lower score.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Bit disappointed really. Didn't think Pakistan would win, but thought they would at least put up a decent fight.

archie mac

International Coach
Johnson annoys the hell out of me, he can be deadly, can put batsmen in hospital and be unplayable, but then there are times when he can barely land the ball on the cutting strip, and was talk of him getting dropped from the team. I guess the true definition of a shock bowler.
Reminds me of Thommo, never really sure which one would show up:wacko:

0-50 off 5 overs one day

and then 3-15 off 5 overs the next

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
From a neutral's point of view, it's great to have Johnson around. Sure, he's inconsistent, but it's always good to see good quick bowling.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were missing by quite a bit tbf- the commentators are making pretty good points now about how tight his angle is though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were missing by quite a bit tbf- the commentators are making pretty good points now about how tight his angle is though.
A leftie swinging the ball away is far tougher to leave than people give Johnson credit for, though. So many times the ball looks right in the slot. Reckon Boycs would have played Johnson well. And given him some lip for bowling so wide.