• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's awesome. Would rather have him in my side than Given tbh. He's not better, but keepers like Given infuriate me and put Ireland out of the World Cup with their incompetence against the aerial ball.

cpr

International Coach
Again the whole pairing Henry with Ronaldo trick, rather have Ruud spearheading 3 up front. Drop it to 4-4-2 and get rid of Gerrard IMO (no slight on him, but early 00's Scholes was better)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Whilst we are on the team of the decade bandwagon, here is soccernet's Premier League team of the decade:

Given; G. Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, A. Cole; Vieria, Gerrard, Scholes; C. Ronaldo, Giggs; Henry. Subs: Friedal, Campbell, Keane, Lampard, van Nistelrooy.

Meant to be 4-1-2-3, not sure how it would look.
HOTTTT!! team. Surprised to see so many people go for Given as the keeper & Friedal as back-up TBH. I rate them, but cant put them above was better than VDS & Reina.

Again the whole pairing Henry with Ronaldo trick, rather have Ruud spearheading 3 up front.
Definatey agree with you now about RVN being a best box striker in 3 up front formation. But damn Henry can't be dropped still...

Drop it to 4-4-2 and get rid of Gerrard IMO (no slight on him, but early 00's Scholes was better)
Hmm could work. But i hate 4-4-2 formations haa.

On Scholes vs Stevie G. Even back in the early 2000s i dont recall Scholes being that dynamic going forward as Gerrard at his peak TBF. Scholes though was definately a better passer..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just knew Liverpool would somehow beat Villa. These sorts of sides always conspire ways of letting ****wit Rafa scrape a CL spot.

Craig

World Traveller
No way did Liverpool deserve to win. A draw would of been a much more fair result, if not a Villa win.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
0-0 definately the fair result, but crucially, not the actual one. :D

TORRES! So glad I woke up for ittttttttt

grecian

Hmm, on one hand Liverpool failing is amusing, OTOH, I hate Villa's style of play, and would despise it if they got in the CL, so I'm a bit meh about the winner really:unsure:

Was a quality finish particularly as Liverpools service to him was non-existent throughout the game. Wonder how many he'd score if he was playing for a good side:blink:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmm, on one hand Liverpool failing is amusing, OTOH, I hate Villa's style of play, and would despise it if they got in the CL, so I'm a bit meh about the winner really:unsure:

Was a quality finish particularly as Liverpools service to him was non-existent throughout the game. Wonder how many he'd score if he was playing for a good side:blink:
Wish he played for Arsenal so much, would be an ideal player in a lot of ways. Someone who can head the ball and doesn't mess around when he get's the chance to put it in the back of the net? Hmm, haven't had one of those since...Alan Smith.

Scaly piscine

By the way what is it Bolton fans have against Megson?

They're not in that bad a position considering what they've got to work with.