• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah Arsenal have looked considerably less **** than both us and Chelsea of late. Not that that's been particularly hard to accomplish, and they have hardly looked great themselves at times tbf.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If you sign Pandev (which is almost certin) I can see us grabbing Super Mario, not that I think he'd be worth the trouble but I doubt he'd enjoy competing with Eto'o, Milito and Pandev. Maicon is much less likely I reckon but now that we've got Mancini rather than Hughes I'd say it's more possible.

Neither until the Summer though, IMO. I can see us signing maybe one or two defenders this window and not much else (Cordoba? Hangeland? Chiellini is impossible IMO, though Crisito is a better shout), and maybe 1 or 2 players moving on (possibly Robinho but I'd prefer not, his final touch was horrid against Stoke but he was in the thick of every play which is a very good sign, once he gets his rhythm back he should be as dangerous as ever).

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And granted Vidic and Evra are very good players but neither were heralded players when they moved, both were relative unknowns who were molded into greats by Ferguson.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah Arsenal have looked considerably less **** than both us and Chelsea of late. Not that that's been particularly hard to accomplish, and they have hardly looked great themselves at times tbf.
You're forgetting that Rose doesn't understand sport anymore than the average 5 year old on the school playground.

Craig

World Traveller
If you sign Pandev (which is almost certin) I can see us grabbing Super Mario, not that I think he'd be worth the trouble but I doubt he'd enjoy competing with Eto'o, Milito and Pandev. Maicon is much less likely I reckon but now that we've got Mancini rather than Hughes I'd say it's more possible.

Neither until the Summer though, IMO. I can see us signing maybe one or two defenders this window and not much else (Cordoba? Hangeland? Chiellini is impossible IMO, though Crisito is a better shout), and maybe 1 or 2 players moving on (possibly Robinho but I'd prefer not, his final touch was horrid against Stoke but he was in the thick of every play which is a very good sign, once he gets his rhythm back he should be as dangerous as ever).
I think the decision to sign Pandev was because Eto'o is going to the ACoN, Suazo is rubbish, and Arnautovic has been enjoying La vita dolce a little too much. From a non-Arsenal fan, I would have said Pandev would of been perfect for Arsenal since he won't cost them anything, and will be able to play in the Champions League. Although Wenger knows what he is doing.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You're forgetting that Rose doesn't understand sport anymore than the average 5 year old on the school playground.
Breath-takingly funny.:)

Win their game in hand and they're a point behind Chelsea. Why so confident?
Yeam most likely to win is Chelsea. Squad has the most depth and least lacking in quality. Arsenal doesn't seem to have the "it" factor IMO. Start of February when they play the big sides will be a clear indication.

roseboy64

Today's Observer links you with Maicon & Balotelli (might as well link you with all of Inter and be done with it) and Angel Di Maria from Benfica.

Maicon v plausible tho, what with Bridge being gash of late and all.
Bridge and Maicon play different positions though.

roseboy64

And granted Vidic and Evra are very good players but neither were heralded players when they moved, both were relative unknowns who were molded into greats by Ferguson.
Not really. Vidic was good from the start and not much has changed to his game apart from a bit more quality in passing. Evra's improved leaps though as when he first came he was awful.

cpr

International Coach
TBH most Utd fans with half a braincell (admittedly not many) didnt expect much during those first 6 months, as neither spoke the language and wernt used to the pace of the Prem.

Smitteh's point stands if you take it as good players from good leagues dont tend to move in Jan, you can pick up some nifty players from backwater leagues (eg France ;)) and use that half a season to get them used to the prem and unleash them properly next year

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
May be right about Vidic, although he was a very promising youngster. Evra, however, was already a CL finalist and French international.