• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just like that time Rome was built in 24 hours really.
Well he sold Richard Dunne and replaced him with the Toure-Lescott partnership. Tearing down Rome and replacing it with a steaming pile of crap over the course of one summer would be a more apt comparison IMO.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well he sold Richard Dunne and replaced him with the Toure-Lescott partnership. Tearing down Rome and replacing it with a steaming pile of crap over the course of one summer would be a more apt comparison IMO.
Haha, a fair point, but then again, it's not like City are doing any worse than anyone (the owners included, apparently) expected.

cpr

International Coach
Not really, we'd love our own superior defenders back before any overpriced mediocre players.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worst top 4/6/8 ever?

Not about the competition becoming more even

More about a drop in standards IMO

Matteh

I believe that Huddersfield Town won the league one year, must've been the worst top 4/6/8, clearly.

Everyone's loving that the top 4 is getting smashed open because most football fans hate that it's a closed shop, because there shouldn't be a lockout for teams of reputations from the past (bar Liverpool fans, obviously..)

grecian

Worst top 4/6/8 ever?

Not about the competition becoming more even

More about a drop in standards IMO
Hmm, well considering the English clubs have gotten three out of the top four of the Champions League in the last three seasons, there's no real foundation for that statement, whatsoever.

Uppercut

I believe that Huddersfield Town won the league one year, must've been the worst top 4/6/8, clearly.

Everyone's loving that the top 4 is getting smashed open because most football fans hate that it's a closed shop, because there shouldn't be a lockout for teams of reputations from the past (bar Liverpool fans, obviously..)
It's less than a year ago people were insisting the top 4 would be the top 4 forever.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not this again...
Good memory..

Matteh said:
If i had to replace Hargreaves i'd pick Gareth Barry who's been doing alright for England.
Huh?. Barry is already a first team fixture. Hargreaves is unlikely to start even if he fot for the WC.

Huddlestone is also a option if Haargreaves isn't fit, but to date he looks like a gentle giant. Parker looked very good though putting in some good hard tackles, i was impressed.

Matteh said:
Failing that, Carrick i guess as i heard he can play Centre Back as well.
As already mentioned you heard wrong TBF. Carrick is back-up to Barry.

social

Hmm, well considering the English clubs have gotten three out of the top four of the Champions League in the last three seasons, there's no real foundation for that statement, whatsoever.
Talking about this season

You only have to look at how Chelsea, Man U etc are playing to know that standards have declined

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm guessing Owen attracts more in revenue than N'Gog though. Things like ticket sales, shirt sales etc.
Might not be true, but I heard Owen was United's lowest selling #7 since squad numbers began. Makes sense given he's ex-Liverpool and follows Cantona-Beckham-Ronaldo.

Mind you, I can't say I've ever seen anyone walking round town with N'Gog on their back :laugh:

grecian

You only have to look at how Chelsea, Man U etc are playing to know that standards have declined
Well you said "ever", TBH this is just reverting back to the good old days when the top teams actually used to lose and draw quite a few matches. It's a good thing IMO, sick of the big four just churning out wins with teams not putting up a fight. Citeh, Spurs and Villa have all improved too, which is also a good thing.

Craig

World Traveller
Speculation is mounting that City will try and buy Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini to partner Kolo Toure at centre back, and also Maicon. I can't see any reason why Juventus would even think about selling Chiellini, and why he would leave La Vecchia Signora for City. Juve are struggling to win a game at the moment, don't see that happening. Nor would there be any point for Inter to sell Maicon. Money is not an issue for Inter, and Maicon is well paid as it is.

Last edited:

Matteh

Wouldn't say the standards have declined, would say that the potential banana skins are more numerous and more hazardous.

Uppercut

Wouldn't say the standards have declined, would say that the potential banana skins are more numerous and more hazardous.
It's both tbh. United and Liverpool are miles worse than they were last season, and Chelsea's squad is encroaching on "ancient". Arsenal are the only side moving forward.

Pothas

Speculation is mounting that City will try and buy Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini to partner Kolo Toure at centre back, and also Maicon. I can't see any reason why Juventus would even think about selling Chiellini, and why he would leave La Vecchia Signora for City. Juve are struggling to win a game at the moment, don't see that happening. Nor would there be any point for Inter to sell Maicon. Money is not an issue for Inter, and Maicon is well paid as it is.
Lots of money.