• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BBC speculating that Mark Hughes has resigned. Just waved to the crowd and apparently Citeh are releasing a statement tonight at 7.30.
Showsports in Middle East believe Roberto Mancini will be named as replacement

grecian

Anyone think this Fulham result makes McCarthy's decision look even worse. Clearly United are in shambles with injuries, honestly they'd of had a really good chance to get something out of that match.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone think this Fulham result makes McCarthy's decision look even worse. Clearly United are in shambles with injuries, honestly they'd of had a really good chance to get something out of that match.
Reminds me of that time Boro were relegated after being docked points for the match they didn't play, yet if they had played and lost they would have stayed up. Doubt that will happen here, but I would laugh if Wolves need only a point to stay up and end up going down, a point they could have arguably gained if they had put some effort into the Man Utd fixture.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I think Big Sam should spend the Christmas period at home resting. Since coming back Rovers have been abject.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aye. Shocking precedent to set anyway. The ten outfield players he brought in had made just 41 league starts between them before the ManUre game. £42 to watch the reserves indeed.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Aye. Shocking precedent to set anyway. The ten outfield players he brought in had made just 41 league starts between them before the ManUre game. £42 to watch the reserves indeed.
He could have had the entire Plymouth Argyle first team squad for £42 and still got change.:@

Scaly piscine

Rate Hughes as a manager personally and can only see him getting better. Hope he gets a good position in his next job. Presumably Mancini is Man City's next manager, whoever gets it their days are numbered really. I can't see anyone coming in and getting the instant success the owners/board want.

social

Hughes been sacked according to the BBC.
Doesnt surprise me if that's the case

Owner would be asking questions and people aroung him would be covering their arses by pointing their finger at anyone they can to deflect blame

I work for a relative of the owner and have seen it all before

duffer

Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on the bench for us today. 3 Englishmen and a Welshman in a Premiership matchday squad. I rate all 4 of them too. Just hope the 11 we have out there and take advantage of today's results.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Rafa's post-match interview = :laugh: The ref was "perfect, no mistake".
Ridiculous red card. Yellow, sure. Red? GTFO. Killed the game off, pretty much.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/4243394/

Really don't understand Benitez sometimes. If you don't rate a bloke, why spend several million on buying him? See also Keane.

When Parry was at Liverpool the temptation was to blame duff signings (like Keane) on him and imagine they'd been signed without Rafa's ultimate blessing. Now he's gone there's no excuse, surely? Given Aquilani was playing for the stiffs back in Oct it looks like Benitez just plumb don't rate him.
Aquilani was injured in training.

Last edited: