• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does Danny Murphy only bother to play well when he's facing Man U?

Good thing though obviously....

Majin

International Debutant
3-2 after 35 minutes, I am not sure if we're exciting or just ****. predict a 5-5 draw.

also, Stoke have injured The Whale, I am not a happy man.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Actually not all that worried about the top 4 this season tbh. I think Villa will drop off as they did last year as they are due a couple of injuries and their depth isn't great. Also reckon Spurs have overachieved with what they have so far and I reckon they'll drop away too(not forgetting that they are Spurs and naturally incined to fail). City probably are the most likely to make a run at us later in the season (especially if they buy well in January).

Just feel a couple of good additions and we can do a lot better job of pushing the top 2 instead of worrying about the also rans.
Yeah sums up my thoughts as well really. Liverpool failing so badly has given us a lot of breathing space and has made our job a lot less difficult so far. Agree that Spurs and Villa will fade away after a while, as always, and that City will be the ones who will really push us, though in all likelihood their battle will be with Liverpool rather than us, if what we have seen so far is anything to go by.

social

Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum - Index

Go for gold, I just like reading some of the hilarity. Wouldn't really want to post there.
Loved this one

****ing ****! Sack Rafa, no ****ing doubt about it... the team is just in absolute shambles. Gerrard? CAPTAIN? What the ****? Looked like he gave up at 1-0. We've got no money, we've got no spirit, we haven't got a clue... Top team? **** OFF. We're Leeds in the making!

Oh, you think I'm an idiot? Well, **** off to you aswell

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Loved this one

****ing ****! Sack Rafa, no ****ing doubt about it... the team is just in absolute shambles. Gerrard? CAPTAIN? What the ****? Looked like he gave up at 1-0. We've got no money, we've got no spirit, we haven't got a clue... Top team? **** OFF. We're Leeds in the making!

Oh, you think I'm an idiot? Well, **** off to you aswell
Haha, no money indeed! Clearly doesn't have much of a brain/memory either.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Dear Carlo

Merry Christmas. Please find enclosed the 2009/10 Premier League, gift wrapped for your easy opening.

Love
Sir Alex Ferguson

Scaly piscine

Haha, no money indeed! Clearly doesn't have much of a brain/memory either.
Heh yea the excuses are hilarious.

It's because Rafa had no money to spend (Liverpool under Benitez are one of the largest net spending clubs, top 5 easily, maybe 3rd or 4th in the list if I remember right). It's because of injuries (practically a full strength lineup and no more injuries than you'd expect to have throughout the season so far). It's because of an awful refereeing decision (which most unbiased people seem to think was right). It's because Rafa has 'lost' the dression room or the players aren't interested.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Restores one's faith in a benign deity, tbh.
:laugh: Touche.

Only following the game from commentary as I can't get online streaming to work today, but it sounds like our lack of quality is just abject. It's one thing to have no fit defenders, but if that's the case why aren't we playing our strongest possible line-up in midfield and up forward to at least give ourselves fighting chance?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Can't understand for the life of me how Scholes was still on the pitch at the end of the game, and for once it's not because he deserved to see red. He shouldn't have made it to the second half. I've never seen him play that badly, but I have seen him play badly in a few games this year. We can no longer rely on someone who is only going to play well once every few games. That good game tends to almost always be in Europe, maybe we should just keep him for those games and sod all else. Either way, he shouldn't have been on in that game past the half time whistle. Terrible. And SAF takes off our in-form central midfielder instead of him at 50-odd minutes. =| Urgh. Frustrating game to watch, but oh well, at least we aren't 10 points further down the table.

Looking forward to a couple of fit central defenders.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BBC speculating that Mark Hughes has resigned. Just waved to the crowd and apparently Citeh are releasing a statement tonight at 7.30.