• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am 20 wins, 2 draws, 4 losses.
I keep having ****s pull their cable out after I go a few goals up, don't seem to pick up a win for them doing that either, dire. Of the matches I've actually finished I think I've won about...6 or so...probably lost about 4-5. Just isn't the same when I'm not playing against you man.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Still shocked at how well we closed the game out. Defended proffesionally and worked our bollocks off. Liverpool, what a complete shower of ****e if they couldn't do anything against these guys. Incredible, holding a lead, away from home, against a "big" team.
It was impressive, but Liverpool offered very little 2nd stanza. Were totally gone. Pretty much their best team too, Aquillani (presumably, as spending £20m on a reserve would be insanity even by Rafa's standards of wackiness) aside.

Would be disgusted if I were a Pool fan, tbh. Can forgive a lot of things in football, but lack of heart is unforgiveable.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Liverpool have looked like that all season tbh. They're just not a very good team at the moment. Severe lack of confidence too.

Got on Arsenal at 9/5 yesterday, Burnley let me down.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vermaelen looked good today, really got his head in in the defensive areas, which he wasn't doing so much at the start of the season, where I thought his lack of physicality would be a problem. I thought song was immense defensively, probably Arse's break-through player. But Denilson instead of Ramsey or even Wilshire, c'mon Arsene, that's just a joke.

For 'pool the two big names (whilst looking threatening at times) just didn't come through on the day, whilst Arshavin's finish was just quality and deserved to win any game. Think Arse were every bit as dominant in the second-half as Liverpool were in the first.

Pothas

Absolutely bloody right, they were both appalling. Denilson has to be one of the most insipid and ineffectual players going at the moment, brings absolutely nothing to the team. Thought Song had a dodgy game as well, looked alright in the tackle, but his passing was awful, really really bad.
Almunia really is poor, think they young lad we have on loan at the moment would not do much worse.

Arshavin an amazing lad though.

Pothas

Things looking pretty grim in Scouseland just now. Outta the CL, struggling in the Prem, new ground looking incresingly distant & mired in debt.

Any chance of a Leedsesque implosion? If they don't make the top four things will get a bit tight, money wise...
That would be wonderfull, we just played Leeds for the first time since the early 60's and first league game since the 50's, would be even better to play Liverpool in a league game but would take quite some implosion. Cannot really see them struggiling Leeds style, a buyout likely in the next year though.

Jarquis

Vermaelen looked good today, really got his head in in the defensive areas, which he wasn't doing so much at the start of the season, where I thought his lack of physicality would be a problem. I thought song was immense defensively, probably Arse's break-through player. But Denilson instead of Ramsey or even Wilshire, c'mon Arsene, that's just a joke.
Yeah, Arshavin and Vermaelen have proved it's worth spending money on quality players.
Been massively impressed with Song all season, was beginning to feel time was running out for him last year but he's come on leaps and bounds. Going to miss him during the ACoN.
Spot on about Denilson, really hasn't developed as expected a few seasons ago. Probably regressed if anything, won't be long before Ramsey (:wub:) overtakes him in the pecking order IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Things looking pretty grim in Scouseland just now. Outta the CL, struggling in the Prem, new ground looking incresingly distant & mired in debt.

Any chance of a Leedsesque implosion? If they don't make the top four things will get a bit tight, money wise...
Haha, got invited to a Facebook group the other day, "Liverpool to do a Leeds".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Debt aside I don't think they've been managed quite as badly as Leeds from a financial POV.

I remember hearing a story about a player (might have been Seth Johnson??) who went to Leeds and his agent told him not to accept anything less than £25k a week. He walks into the room and Risdale says to him, "We'll offer you £36k but we can't go any higher than that" straight off. Course, might not be true, but I love it

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Debt aside I don't think they've been managed quite as badly as Leeds from a financial POV.

I remember hearing a story about a player (might have been Seth Johnson??) who went to Leeds and his agent told him not to accept anything less than £25k a week. He walks into the room and Risdale says to him, "We'll offer you £36k but we can't go any higher than that" straight off. Course, might not be true, but I love it
Yeah I've heard the very same, funny if it's true. Would be staggering as to how someone in in such a position in such a large company could have such terrible business acumen.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Starting to feel a bit worried about England's central defensive options. I think Capello should get in Carragher's ear about coming out of international retirement as a last resort.

duffer

Absolutely bloody right, they were both appalling. Denilson has to be one of the most insipid and ineffectual players going at the moment, brings absolutely nothing to the team.
Missed this earlier but agree completely. No work rate, no speed, no power, no creativity. Never has a player personified "meh" as well as he has. ****ing Diaby offers us more right now, which is saying something in itself. He's infuriatingly timid and mediocre and he resorts to bailout dives when he is a fanny on the ball so often I'm surprised he hasn't earnt himself a reputation for it.

Probably not going to start on Almunia. Punching the ball is fine but punch it towards the ****ing sidelines for god's sake. Wojciech Szczesny who is doing really well on loan is probably a less mistake prone keeper but ideally we'd buy one in January as our top priority.

Johnners

It was impressive, but Liverpool offered very little 2nd stanza. Were totally gone. Pretty much their best team too, Aquillani (presumably, as spending £20m on a reserve would be insanity even by Rafa's standards of wackiness) aside.

Would be disgusted if I were a Pool fan, tbh. Can forgive a lot of things in football, but lack of heart is unforgiveable.
Indeed

Fell asleep just after the Arshavin goal, which was rather spectacular. If Torres stays fit long enough to win games against lower quality opposition by himself, there's a chance of a top 4 finish, but apart from that, team looks a lost cause. Thought Johnson was rubbish all game as well, made 1 decent run forward but did little else of note. If he learnt to defend it might help y'know.