• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cozier has a habit of ranting about things a little bit too much. Good in the lunch break, but when the cricket's on, I want to hear about the game. Mind you, it would probably work better on radio with more space to fill.

andyc

Generally doesn't open for NSW iirc.

Have heard it said he doesn't want to bowl a great deal - possibly doesn't want to be compared with Bevan, and I don't blame him :ph34r:

Dougeh
Chapelli was saying on Ch 9 that he'd asked him today before play started about his bowling, and Katich said that he has a sore shoulder which gets even worse in the cold (he'd had an injection to help in England). And if he's going to be bowling in a game he likes to have been warming up for it a fair bit beforehand in the nets and the like.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With an umpire referral (as opposed to one from the players) can the umpire say, for example withthe Barath run out, "I know he touched it, but was he out?" Still haven't seen the replay I should say, but I'm wondering whether that was what the on field umpire did here.

Dougeh

andyc

With an umpire referral (as opposed to one from the players) can the umpire say, for example withthe Barath run out, "I know he touched it, but was he out?" Still haven't seen the replay I should say, but I'm wondering whether that was what the on field umpire did here.

Dougeh
There was absolutely no way the umpire wouldn't have known that Barath was out of his crease. He was a fair way out to begin with, and after the stumps were broken he kinda just stood there for a few seconds before putting his bat back in the crease. That's why it seemed so strange to me, since Rauf surely was asking the third umpire if he touched it, and the replays were inconclusive, so surely the benefit of the doubt should've gone to the batsman?

Burgey

There was absolutely no way the umpire wouldn't have known that Barath was out of his crease. He was a fair way out to begin with, and after the stumps were broken he kinda just stood there for a few seconds before putting his bat back in the crease. That's why it seemed so strange to me, since Rauf surely was asking the third umpire if he touched it, and the replays were inconclusive, so surely the benefit of the doubt should've gone to the batsman?
I seeeeeeeeeee.

Dougeh.

Edit: and at 1.57 pm EDST there is Jim Maxwell's first call for the day for Katich.

I do enjoy sessions like the first one today, where both teams know they can't really win the game in those two hours, but they each know they could go a long way towards losing it if they really balls it up by too many quick runs being given or too many wickets being lost. Makes for compelling stuff, the sessions which set up the game for later.

Where's Dougy? Give Dougy a bowl.

Dougeh.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
West Indies probably scoring a little too slowly for my liking here. Probably looking to keep wickets in hand ODI-style and launch in the last session. Either that, or they are just not looking for a win, which would be insane since this is a great opportunity.

To be fair though, New Zealand would be 103/7 by now.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Generally doesn't open for NSW iirc.

Have heard it said he doesn't want to bowl a great deal - possibly doesn't want to be compared with Bevan, and I don't blame him :ph34r:

Dougeh
Just wants to give the WIndies a fighting chance itbt.

Top_Cat

Feeling like bringing on Johnson is a mistake at this juncture, tbh. Even with his bunny in.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was Hilfy reversing? Johnson at times gets reverse and hes on now. Bollinger with a cracker there.
Yea Hilfy was getting reverse in SA & ENG. Dont think i've seen Johnson reverse it in tests to date tbf, gotta think back..

Burgey said:
Bit of reverse there for Dougeh.

Dougeh! Gets Chanders!

Dougeh
Yea just in time. Gotta pitch up more still, since he is naturally too back of lenght ATM

Sylvester

State Captain
Hes done it in the past series, it doesn't go too much though. He just did it with that last ball, when Greig was saying he was holding it for a reverse inswinger and the ball curved in.