• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

bryce

International Regular
^^LMAO i reckon, sick of searching for updates haha. Nah I think Sinclair chose to rub the selectors nose in it and refused to accept his selection so another hastily arranged selection meeting has to be arranged:ph34r:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn and Fulton need to go, sadly for Fulton this will mark the end of his international career. Flynn just needs prove he can pile on runs for ND and shouldn't be sighted at international again level until he does. McIntosh is a tricky one for me as he can build big innings and has alot of experience but I guess on that same basis then he has to go too. These players do not have what it takes to score consistently against top class attacks imo(though Flynn may in time), the question is do they think Watling is ready for a Test debut? I think they have no choice. I don't know if How is quite ready for a recall(though coming fresh off a 90 in front of Glen Turner) but I wouldn't consider any other openers for the final Test of a series personally other than Brodie who may be a bit green to face an attack of this quality - added that Watling should still sit above him in the pecking order. Guptill needs to bat in Flynn's number three spot where he will hopefully feel a bit more at ease. Although i'm still uncertain about whether Elliott is a Test match prospect he has shown enough to play in this last Test imo. Broom has to be a certainty for his test debut.

1.Watling
2.McIntosh/How/Brodie
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Elliott
7.McCullum+
8.Vettori
9.Bond
10.Tuffey
11.O'Brien
Pretty much agree with all this, apart from not sure about dropping Flynn. I just don't know if he will improve much if he goes back to ND - as Richardson says he needs some real attention put into his technique.

Also, you have Bond in your 11 for Napier........ wishful thinking ;)

bryce

International Regular
Lol yeah I just realised that haha, might aswell add Ryder too:laugh:
Hmmm though thinking about it they may actually be worried about going in a bowler short, plus given Patel's current form they may be desperate to play him. Though the consequence of this will be a massive weight on the shoulders of every player in the top 6 and will have the Pakistan attack licking their chops

1.Watling
2.McIntosh/How Brodie
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Mcullum
7.Vettori
8.Patel
9.Tuffey
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

12.Elliott/Flynn

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolute crock. Drop Fulton for Watling as the only change. Absolutely pathetic cowardice from the Kiwi selectors. Agree wholesale changes were not necessarily the way forward, but McIntosh should be gone and Broom should be in.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Absolute crock. Drop Fulton for Watling as the only change. Absolutely pathetic cowardice from the Kiwi selectors. Agree wholesale changes were not necessarily the way forward, but McIntosh should be gone and Broom should be in.
Agreed. Shocking effort.

So the teams going to be something like

McIntosh
Watling
Guptill
Taylor
Flynn
Elliott
etc.
Edit: Actually I won't mind it as much if they put Guppy at 3 and Flynn at 5.

Still a huge opening problem.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

I hardly think Watling is the answer to our problems either. Him and McIntosh up top, assuming they go well, may see us 50-0 after 25-30 overs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, really wow.

I know Vettori must have had to hold himself back from firing the lot of them, but has instead swung too far in the other direction.

I guess Athlai is right - dropping a middle order bat for an opener/3 means Flynn is probably moving back down the order.

bryce

International Regular
Watling has to open. Elliott/Flynn 12th man maybe? Pretty sure they'll want to play Patel(unless they leave Tuffey out) but I cannot imagine them going for that shortened batting lineup - though given the added pressure on the batsmen it would certainly make for extremely entertaining viewing lol. Pretty ****ed off Broom didn't make it aswell

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Tim McIntosh, Martin Guptill, Daniel Flynn, Ross Taylor, BJ Watling, Grant Elliott, Brendon McCullum (wk), Daniel Vettori (capt), Daryl Tuffey, Iain O'Brien, Chris Martin, Jeetan Patel, Tim Southee.

so much more needed to be done.. theyll all cash in on batters friendly pitch.. only once again to be exposed on more challenging one further down the track.

HeathDavisSpeed

I am not expecting this batting line up to succeed, even if the McLean Park surface has been turned into a nice unbouncy tarmac and the bowlers have all turned into Sami overnight.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This Pakistani bowling lineup is too good for us to be expecting any of these Johnny Come Latelys to 'cash in' regardless of the pitch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watling has to open. Elliott/Flynn 12th man maybe? Pretty sure they'll want to play Patel(unless they leave Tuffey out) but I cannot imagine them going for that shortened batting lineup - though given the added pressure on the batsmen it would certainly make for extremely entertaining viewing lol. Pretty ****ed off Broom didn't make it aswell
We all know Vettori loves fitting Patel into the team at every possible opportunity, so I'd say he will play in place of Elliott or Flynn.

At least Patel's batting has improved.