• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Flem274*

123/5
Forgot three of the four.

Left out Bell. Only incuded Brodie because 37.90 is practically 38.

As I said, I went through and found the stats, nothing more. Its ironic you're jumping down my throat for apparently implying we should pick very inexperienced players. :p

Howsie

International Captain
It's just how you said "I wouldn't pick him" about Brodie, but had guys like Raval and Williamson in your list.

I know what you meant now however.

Edit: Chucked in Bell because his test average would have pushed down the FC average by a long way.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
It's just how you said "I wouldn't pick him" about Brodie, but had guys like Raval and Williamson in your list.

I know what you meant now however.

Edit: Chucked in Bell because his test average would have pushed down the FC average by a long way.
Actualy yeah thats true.

Lol Hurricane. :D

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe I shouldn't say 'heaps' but they do offer a fair bit and everyone says that they offer more for the bowlers in domestic cricket.

Really looking forward to seeing who NZ end up picking for the decider. :)
Yeah for some reason this has really caught my imagination as well. Vettori says he will be announcing the team (with the other selectors) by tomorrow. I will check cricinfo from time to time from work.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah for some reason this has really caught my imagination as well. Vettori says he will be announcing the team (with the other selectors) by tomorrow. I will check cricinfo from time to time from work.
That's good - I will check Stuff/ NZHerald compulsively every five minutes :)

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Oh well, so much for taking tomorrow off work to go see an enthralling last day of a test......

Another 90 for Rosco. Doh.
Just looking at what he has done with the bat recently, he has put a nice little streak together.

151 (262)
42 (139)
107 (261)
35 (90)
16 (88)
81 (182)
27 (49)
94 (237)
59 (122)
30 (54)
97 (204)

Good to see the amount of balls he's facing too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He usually is. 40 NO out of 76 innings.
Would clearly have 40 centuries if his partners hadn't failed him.

40 centuries in 76 knocks is a better rate than Bradman, thus we can confirm that Chris Martin is the best batsman ever.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yes, and what did that trial match before this series prove?... That anyone who scores runs in the invitational match should not be allowed near the test team :dry:

DingDong

State Captain
this series is nicely set up now. i can see o'brien picking up at least 10 wickets to sign off in style in the next game

Athlai

Not Terrible
Anyone else think that this is the best commentary team we've had in a long long time? McMillan and Waqar are two of my favourites. Quite enjoy Crowe too.

bryce

International Regular
Flynn and Fulton need to go, sadly for Fulton this will mark the end of his international career. Flynn just needs prove he can pile on runs for ND and shouldn't be sighted at international again level until he does. McIntosh is a tricky one for me as he can build big innings and has alot of experience but I guess on that same basis then he has to go too. These players do not have what it takes to score consistently against top class attacks imo(though Flynn may in time), the question is do they think Watling is ready for a Test debut? I think they have no choice. I don't know if How is quite ready for a recall(though coming fresh off a 90 in front of Glen Turner) but I wouldn't consider any other openers for the final Test of a series personally other than Brodie who may be a bit green to face an attack of this quality - added that Watling should still sit above him in the pecking order. Guptill needs to bat in Flynn's number three spot where he will hopefully feel a bit more at ease. Although i'm still uncertain about whether Elliott is a Test match prospect he has shown enough to play in this last Test imo. Broom has to be a certainty for his test debut.

1.Watling
2.McIntosh/How/Brodie
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Elliott
7.McCullum+
8.Vettori
9.Tuffey/Patel
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

Last edited: