• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Would like to know how does that pitch usually plays out at Napier? Seaming? Flat? or ideal which has something for everyone?
Flat :happy:

It's questionable whether Cumming is good enough, if you look at the games he's played recently against 2nd string international attacks, he has scored jack all runs.

Tour Match: New Zealand Invitation XI v Pakistanis at Queenstown, Nov 18-20, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
Tour Match: Sri Lanka Cricket Development XI v New Zealanders at Colombo (NCC), Aug 12-14, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
1st unofficial ODI: New Zealand A v England Lions at Palmerston North, Mar 14, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Not to mention his random CH series appearance :laugh:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This post depresses me. Why does this country lack test match standard batsman. :(

Flem274*

123/5
This post depresses me. Why does this country lack test match standard batsman. :(
Because Brent Arnel, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Graeme Aldridge, Ewen Thompson, Michael Mason, Daryl Tuffey, Lance Shaw, Michael Bates, Iain O'Brilliant, Mark Gillespie, Andy McKay, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, Neil Wagner, Warren McSkimming and Sam Wells keep getting ****loads of wickets. Therefore batsmen have low to average averages bar wierdos (Skippy, Fulton) or the test class batsmen.

My hastily made up bull**** theory anyway.

Flem274*

123/5
Might have a look for domestic batsmen that average over a certain mark, might make it 38 because in NZ conditions thats getting up there. If we make it 40 the list will be half made up of the usual suspects.

Flem274*

123/5
Last year there truckloads of openers averaging 50+ so I don't think that flys Phlegm.
The pitches were also the flattest they'd been in ages.

It was a bull**** theory anyway. Its more likely to be the coaching they grew up with. I doubt many domestic batsmen make really radical changes from the techniques they developed as kids, though there will always be exceptions. All the flaws will be so ingrained they will be hard to iron out and the more gifted yet flawed batsmen (like Sinclair and Fulton) are able to survive and dominate up to a certain level.

Would be interesting if Bond, Martin, Tuffey and co. played more domestic cricket. I suspect a few batsmen might suffer and be exposed whilst others would remain the same.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
theres already a system availible. the mvp sinclair won it last year... and im sure the selectors should use the system to base selections on etc.. bowling and batting..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I excluded Greg Hay for that reason.
22 players average of 38 career wise. If you make it an average of 45, Australia has 12 players, the same NZ has at 38.

Conditions would be different, but our domestic pitches always offer heaps to the bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
22 players average of 38 career wise. If you make it an average of 45, Australia has 12 players, the same NZ has at 38.

Conditions would be different, but our domestic pitches always offer heaps to the bowlers.
:-O really? Thats surprising. Thought it was the opposite.

Ours vary. There's Napier and there was Eden Park, then there's the Uni Oval (they made an awesome test pitch though) and in the middle is the likes of Wellington.

Then there's the fact 150/5 is a common domestic score after two sessions..:p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:-O really? Thats surprising. Thought it was the opposite.

Ours vary. There's Napier and there was Eden Park, then there's the Uni Oval (they made an awesome test pitch though) and in the middle is the likes of Wellington.

Then there's the fact 150/5 is a common domestic score after two sessions..:p
Maybe I shouldn't say 'heaps' but they do offer a fair bit and everyone says that they offer more for the bowlers in domestic cricket.

Really looking forward to seeing who NZ end up picking for the decider. :)

Flem274*

123/5
Maybe I shouldn't say 'heaps' but they do offer a fair bit and everyone says that they offer more for the bowlers in domestic cricket.

Really looking forward to seeing who NZ end up picking for the decider. :)
Meh no point bitching about conditions we have in NZ, we just need better batsmen.