• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1.Guptill (On thin ice though)
2.Brodie
3.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Williamson
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Southee
10.O'Brien
11.Arnel
1. Papps
2. Nicol
3. Tuffey
4. Sinclair
5. Harris
6. Tuffey
7. Nevin
8. Vettori
9. Tuffey
10. Mason
11. O'Brilliant

Tuffey.

Howsie

International Captain
Watling and Brodie have loads of great results against bowlers swinging and seaming the ball at 140+km/h and against quality leg spin. Excellent call.
Athlai, you're an idiot. Maybe we should stick with such duds like Sinclair, Fulton, Flynn etc huh?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm sure the selectors would've chosen McIntosh and Guptill to open ahead of Redmond at the start of the series anyway, but hes injured currently.

Yeah I suspected he was injured, didn't see his name in the Liam Plunkett Shield or whatever it's called.

I find it odd though that he's picked for ODI Cricket, because he looks more suited to Test Cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Athlai, you're an idiot. Maybe we should stick with such duds like Sinclair, Fulton, Flynn etc huh?
Unlike Watling and Brodie at least Flynn actually was a one season wonder. Brodie has had a promising year but to throw him to the wolves would be potentially horrific for his future game. Your knee is jerking so very horrendously.

JBH001

International Regular
PEWS said:
O'Brien's dismissal still puzzles me the most, tbh.
Nothing to be surprised about. O'Brien is the spokesman and head of the NZ bowlers union. His action marks the beginning of the NZ bowlers "cant be ****ed saving our ****ty batsmen again" work stoppage and strike. O'Brien was just leading by example there. (Chris Martin is the permanent Vice President of the NZBU.)

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
you guys are being harash on NZ..

the pitch was a tricky pitch against a quality bowling.. and for the first time after a very long time pakistani fielders played for pakistan..

I enjoy this kind of cricket more than the one that is going on in india right now.. i don't even want to waste time to watch an hour of it...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It would appear that McIntosh is probably at the end of his tether, he's had a year, no real signs of adjustment, gotta go. I suppose you put Watling in his place. I mean, he hasn't had any credible success at FC cricket but he's still probably better than a coat stand with a couple of pads and a bat tied to it, which you can't necessarily say for timmy mac.

Guptill should stick around. I'm getting a sinking feeling that he's going to be next McCullum of NZ cricket, but he's better than any other opener we've trialled in the last 8 years.

Flynn: not a number 3, should never have been moved there and certainly shouldn't have been persisted with there for so long. Again, not sure who you're going to replace him with. A mannequin with a photo of Stephen Fleming stapled to the head perhaps?

Fulton at 5 has been a crushing disappointment. I guess its time to give Broom, who's looked pretty shocking in his inexplicably long ODI career to date, a go.

As for Elliot, just bring in a 5th bowler, it'll help share the work load around so that the bowlers aren't so tired when the inevitable collapse comes, and they have to turn around after 2 sessions rest.

Flem274*

123/5
you guys are being harash on NZ..

the pitch was a tricky pitch against a quality bowling.. and for the first time after a very long time pakistani fielders played for pakistan..

I enjoy this kind of cricket more than the one that is going on in india right now.. i don't even want to waste time to watch an hour of it...
Oh yeah its great stuff from Pakistan. Think I forgot to acknowledge that because I'm having so much fun baiting Howsie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was superb stuff from Pakistan but New Zealand should have still been able to score 50-100 runs more. 8 players out under 10 and the rest not being able to get past 50 just shows how much we've struggled.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I suspected he was injured, didn't see his name in the Liam Plunkett Shield or whatever it's called.

I find it odd though that he's picked for ODI Cricket, because he looks more suited to Test Cricket.
Initially I thought the same, though his performances for New Zealand in limited overs cricket have been such that perhaps hes in fact more valuable in the one day form. Ironically its the opposite with Daniel Flynn, who joined the side based on a very good limited overs domestic season in 2008 and has now ended up playing test cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Initially I thought the same, though his performances for New Zealand in limited overs cricket have been such that perhaps hes in fact more valuable in the one day form. Ironically its the opposite with Daniel Flynn, who joined the side based on a one season wonder in 2008 ahead of better batsmen and has now ended up failing at test cricket.
Corrected.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm this must be the bit where NZ fans go on like their players have gone from gods to peasants.

Pakistan are probably the most talented (and erratic) teams around, they will blitz teams every now and then, particularly ones like NZ that simply don't have the quality to hang around when these bowlers are on song.

New Zealand don't have the talent pool to be throwing in a load of FC players and have much good come from it. Simple. It's like me calling for some random leg spinner to replace Rashid. Adil Rashid is the best England have and if he's not really up to it it's tough because he's the best we've got.