• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Howsie

International Captain
Fulton averages 40 & just came off a big FC 100 too, you must learn that FC form doesn't always translate to Test matches..also I've said before, everytime I've seen Broom at International level he misses straight balls & is LBW or bowled.

Also, I heard Broom was dropped twice in the 20s & 30s today, notice you conveniently failed to mention that he's on his 3rd life :happy:
Yeah I've already noticed, you don't rate Broom. Must enjoy watching this line-up though right?

Flem274*

123/5
Meh, Williamson would only play until Ryder's good to go. As long as we get Elliott, Fulton, McIntosh and Flynn out of this team I'll be happy. They will never be even decent test batsmen.
Ahh so..

Guptill
Pinga
Skippy
Taylor
Patton
er...Rhodes :p

then? :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Still doesn't suddenly make his a 'crap test player' even if he has performed below what his talent suggests .... conveniently forgetting his 78 & amazingly freakish catch in the last game are we?
No, I'm just not conveniently forgetting the 5 years of poor technique, bad decision making and missed opportunities either. And I never said anything about his keeping. While he can be a little haphazzard you'll get no arguments here that his keeping skills are mostly very good.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Embarrassing effort - credit to Pakistan for a quality bowling display but average stuff from New Zealand. Fulton and McCullum in particular have to kick themselves for their dismissals, and what was O'Brien thinking? So much for the lower order being the saviour too, losing the last six wickets for 14.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Where is Redmond? He looked useful in his last Test against Australia, offers another option if needed with the ball too.

I would keep Guptill, I think he's a good number 3. I wouldn't keep Flynn.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hah, I honestly think the bowlers were like "Oh let's just get out. Why should we bother putting in any effort to bail out these useless sods again?"

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Where is Redmond? He looked useful in his last Test against Australia, offers another option if needed with the ball too.

Nah there's better than him.

Its not T Mac though.

Howsie

International Captain
1.Guptill (On thin ice though)
2.Brodie
3.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Broom
6.Williamson
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Southee
10.O'Brien
11.Arnel

Howsie

International Captain

Actually, Guptill at three Brodie and Watling opening.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

I'm sure the selectors would've chosen McIntosh and Guptill to open ahead of Redmond at the start of the series anyway, but hes injured currently.