• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how to feel about that - so much about the performance was dire yet we got it back to 3-3 and that despite having a clear penalty turned down (which would be the ONLY talking point of the match had that incident happened in reverse :p), and played some great stuff when we were chasing the game late on.

Qualification assured now which is nice, but plenty of improvement required.
It'll do. We're not at our best so far this season but we're through to the next round of the Champions League and still well up there in the Premiership. It always seems to be the case though, ever since Ferguson started getting successful, we rarely start a season well.

Big game this weekend, but I think the importance of it will probably be somewhat overstated. Five points behind is nothing at this stage of the season, and the game at Stamford Bridge isn't one you'd expect many points from anyway.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Big game this weekend, but I think the importance of it will probably be somewhat overstated. Five points behind is nothing at this stage of the season, and the game at Stamford Bridge isn't one you'd expect many points from anyway.
How can you say that? It's super-duper-ultra-mega-apocalyptic Sunday! Haven't you been watching Sky Sports, the whole season hangs on this next match.

:ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I suppose when Sunderland vs. Wigan is labelled a "Super Sunday" you have to really go for it when United Chelsea comes along.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was a superb player back in the day, done no favour by a few injuries though. Never in the same class as his earlier days when he ended up at Boro.
Indeed at his peak during those Valencia days, i reckon he was better than Iniesta & Silva at least.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Indeed at his peak during those Valencia days, i reckon he was better than Iniesta & Silva at least.
Different kind of player to both of them tbh, especcially Silva, but he was top draw all the same, shame he faded so quickly.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm ITV really ripping into Vorinin, wasn't like he blazed over or somthing - did the right things (didn't try to break the net, kept it low) just hit the keeper. Same as Torres earlier.

Granted Vorinin seems fairly ****, but they're just picking easy targets.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voronin is a ****ing hack. Another one for Benitez's lengthening "WTF were you thinking?" file. IIRC he was a free transfer, which is still too much money for him.

Arse/AZ pretty much a repeat of the Dutch leg. All Arsenal, but only one goal to show for all the dominance.

EDIT: Scrub that; 2-0, Nasri. :D

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voronin is a ****ing hack. Another one for Benitez's lengthening "WTF were you thinking?" file. IIRC he was a free transfer, which is still too much money for him.

Arse/AZ pretty much a repeat of the Dutch leg. All Arsenal, but only one goal to show for all the dominance.

EDIT: Scrub that; 2-0, Nasri. :D
Nasri WAG, :wub: the guy.

James

Cricket Web Owner
1-0 halftime lead to West Ham.

Come on - this would be a great win if we can hold on. Hopefully just what is needed to kickstart the season.