• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not even going to comment on the rubbish that is Liverpool. Already said they'll be gash and Rafa proving it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
how do you spell relegation? :(

Apparently Ray Mathias is getting the job on Thursday when his contract runs out. He failed at the job once already, so bad times lie ahead. The bloke's a legend and he's SWA through and through; we paraded former players today before the game to celebrate the anniversary and he got the second biggest cheer (Kenny Irons the loudest, although John Morrisey, Eric Nixon & Pat Nevin were absent), he's a lovely bloke but I don't think he's the answer. I want David Kelly.

The best news today was that as the players walked round, I was stoof right at the front and someone asked Clint Hill if he'd come back; he said his contract at Palace is up at the end of the season so it's a distinct possibility. God we could kill for him right now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know I shouldn't say this, because he'll get a hat-trick in the 2nd half, but just how **** is Nani?!?!

roseboy64

He's actually done well today. Had a couple awful moments but he's definitely looked threatening.

In other news, Berba so awesome. :)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I shouldn't say this, because he'll get a hat-trick in the 2nd half, but just how **** is Nani?!?!
He's actually done well today. Had a couple awful moments but he's definitely looked threatening.
Rose, you know that Nani is the bloke with "Nani" on the back of his shirt, don't you? Sure he's quick and can cause problems for opposition defences, but it's all pretty pointless when the end product is so consistently, inevitably gash.

As an aside, when are we going to start actually burying teams the way we should be? We should have won that by four or five today, and yet but for an incorrect linesman's call we could actually have had an uncomfortable last five minutes.

The two goals we did manage to score were superb though, and I though Anderson was excellent again.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rose, you know that Nani is the bloke with "Nani" on the back of his shirt, don't you? Sure he's quick and can cause problems for opposition defences, but it's all pretty pointless when the end product is so consistently, inevitably gash.
Yeah, I wasn't going to argue with Rose about a Man U player, might as well discuss FCA with Richard, for all the good it would do me.

Blackburn were horrible, Nani had tons of the ball because of the general superiority of his team, and did actually ****-all, in fact seemed to be stopping half the attacks with his general ineptness.

Yet I hope Taggart feels the same way as Roseboy and plays him for the rest of the season:)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah Nani was tosh, however my avoidance of anything football related over the past week can now end, normal service having been resumed for Liverpool.

luffy

International Captain
Everton...

:(

We needed to win that match, no hope of a Top 6 finish this season it seems...

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it didn't matter in the end, but is it too much to ask for a legal nailed on goal to stand for the opposition at Old Trafford?

I hate Man U, but their goals were dead set crackers.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
If you want something negative about a Utd player, Obertan was awful today.
What made it worse was how much the commentators talked him up. "Now I don't want to put too much pressure on this guy, but you should all be VERY VERY excited to see him come on."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Speaking of awful: Mike Jones. I try not to moan about referees unless they're egregiously bad, but this gentleman has really pushed the envelope in that regard just lately. First there was the beach ball at Sunderland where his application of the laws was falt-out wrong (in fact I'll wager he was ignorant of the correct procedure) but yesterday he may've cost Phil Brown his job. As much of a boon to City, Hull and football generally as that may be, he still saw fit to award Burnley a penalty when Tyrone (:sick:, what happened to footballers with proper names like Tom, Tommy or Terry?!?) Mears appeared to trip himself up miskicking the ball and then disallowed Geovanni's free kick for the faintest of movement in the Clarets' wall.

He's very nearly made me feel sorry for Brown. But not quite.

roseboy64

Nani was awful as well tbh.
Nope, just the mistakes he makes gets highlighted ignoring the majority of good things he did. Rooney putting in a performance like that wouldn't be lambasted at all. It wasn't a great one mind but an average to decent one. 6.5/10.