• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Sylvester

State Captain
Warner has been more consistently lately. If he keeps up his form in the FRC he could cause some headaches for the selectors.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Playing Devil's Advocate... do Cape Cobras even want to win tonight?

Would you rather face T&T in the semi, or NSW?

Perhaps some may say NSW, but you wonder how long T&T's run will last.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Question: how much did Stanford's tournament help players in teams like T&T improve their game?
A lot!

Under Stanford's coach, Eldine Baptiste, they had a six-week training camp to prepare for their Stanford match against England, and that was one of the main reasons why they thrashed England....

Several of these players played for England and Trinidad in that Stanford week, and they took a similar philosophy into their preparations. They've been preparing for this since July!

shivfan

Banned
Hands up for those who picked T&T as one of the Semi-Finalists for this competition? Awesome effort from them.

Good to see NSW through as well, gutted I haven't been able to see any of it :(
I did....
:)
But then again, I'm biased!
:laugh:
Seriously though, why did the so-called pundits have Trinidad as underdogs? They'd beaten then England champs Middlesex in the Stanford week, and West Indians are good 20/20 players. After all, they reached the semi-finals of the World 20/20 champs....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Several of these players played for England and Trinidad in that Stanford week, and they took a similar philosophy into their preparations. They've been preparing for this since July!
And therein lay the problem - the English sides' seasons only finished a week before the Tournament and they hadn't played T20 since mid-August.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot!

Under Stanford's coach, Eldine Baptiste, they had a six-week training camp to prepare for their Stanford match against England, and that was one of the main reasons why they thrashed England....

The commentators noted a great camaraderie within the Trinidad and Tobago team. Would you say that this is something valuable that is missing from the West Indies team, as it is a collection of several different countries?

GGG

State Captain
I did....
:)
But then again, I'm biased!
:laugh:
Seriously though, why did the so-called pundits have Trinidad as underdogs? They'd beaten then England champs Middlesex in the Stanford week, and West Indians are good 20/20 players. After all, they reached the semi-finals of the World 20/20 champs....
Because WI now have the NZ curse, just wait till they start calling your team/players "they give it their best", "punch above their weight", "no stars but a good team unit" etc etc stats go out the window unless you are one of the "powerhouses" of world cricket .

shivfan

Banned
The commentators noted a great camaraderie within the Trinidad and Tobago team. Would you say that this is something valuable that is missing from the West Indies team, as it is a collection of several different countries?
Personally, I think both Stanford and the Trinidad management have shown up the WICB....

Under Lloyd and Richards, the West Indies used to prepare well. After all, Lloyd recruited Waight to get the physical conditioning of the WI players just right.

Now, the WIndies preparation for tournaments are poor....

Xuhaib

International Coach
Playing Devil's Advocate... do Cape Cobras even want to win tonight?

Would you rather face T&T in the semi, or NSW?

Perhaps some may say NSW, but you wonder how long T&T's run will last.
If it was 50/50 there might be a chance but for 20/20 I would avoid T&T as much as I can.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Absolutely horrible pitch! They should've moved all the matches from Delhi after the first round debacles.

Can't believe international standard cricket is being played on this!