• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

GGG

State Captain
West Indies actually have a higher winning percentage then Australia in T20s.

Great win for T&T, definitely think NSW had opportunities to be a little more aggressive in their innings, although I definitely thought the strong bowling attack would see them win. Hauritz got some tap for the first time in a very long time.
Yeah, Warner said they were just looking to get 6 or so a over in middle overs! I mean wtf the hadn't lost a wicket.

Sylvester

State Captain
NSW definitely stuffed up the middle overs but 170 is more than defendable. The problem came once Hauritz took some stick and the part timers were shown to be just that. Maybe time to get Bird into the side to give us another strike bowler but hard to leave out either Bollinger or Clark.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah no fault of Katich, all the credit to Pollard. Surely he couldn't have bowled Hauritz or Smith on that small ground.
I don't think you should ever give it to a bowler who went for 27 runs in the previous over in this situation, unless that bowler is McGrath (not that McGrath would ever go for 27). Even if you have to go to a random non full time bowler.

CricketGuy007

Cricket Spectator
Both englush teams are way behind in 2020 compare to the other countries that are representing! Alot of improvement it needed by english players and coaches

CricketGuy007

Cricket Spectator
Theres no pakistani player playing in this tournament other than Yasir Arafat and they are already out so whats going on lol. Some1 doesnt like banglore

shivfan

Banned
Hope we get to see Pollard and Dwayne Smith playing in the death overs together in the future.
I hope so too....

We just need Pollard to put in similar perfromances for Trinidad in the domestic one-day competition next month, to earn his place in the ODI side to tour Australia. And, of course, now that Smith is no longer a Kolpak, we hope he does the same for Barbados....