• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Its a shame this thing is called the CHAMPIONS trophy when there is no one taking part in this tournament from arguably the best twenty20 team in the world in pakistan.
correct me ..Pak Cricket Board was not ready to send their team to India at the time when they scheduled this Champions League. So they were replaced with the IPL's DareDevils ...

shivfan

Banned
Furthermore, I think the performances of Trinidad (here and against Middlesex in the Stanford week) have shown that the West Indies deserve two berths in the Champions League....
:cool:
And when you consider that the WI reached the semis of the World 20/20 champs, it shows that they are strong in this format of the game.

Josh

International Regular
Would like to see T&T take it out if the Bushies can't. Mind you, we played pretty horrible the other night to qualify. Must lift our game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kallis is out, this is a blow definitely. Steyn (his replacement) needs to get some quick wickets early - Victoria has some firepower.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haven't heard of him in an international context - is he close to making the national team in some format?
Been mooted around here by a few people for "A" team selection. He's very reliable and hits the deck hard. Don'tt know if he quite does enough to be in that top bracket of bowlers though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haven't heard of him in an international context - is he close to making the national team in some format?
He's very new. :) Only played about fifty games in all forms for Victoria I think, but most people who know Domestic Cricket have him penned down for future Australian duties. Strong action, still bowls well with the older ball, can hold a bat and from all reports is a very likeable bloke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Uthappa plays away from his pad so often. Really not surprising to see him play on.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Uthappa plays away from his pad so often. Really not surprising to see him play on.
I am not watching the game as I have had a bit of an overdose of the Champions League. Will be watching from the semi finals. Any way, coming to the point, Uthappa played two shots which almost played on to the wicket in the last game too. He has shown improvements as a player but has a long way to go still.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Come on you Sabres, get the job done please!

(Tomorrow, obviously!)

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Well, only two wickets are down, so the foundation has been set for Kohli and Dravid to launch at the bowling in the last 10 overs....

Assuming there isn't a middle order clutter of wickets, of course!
:cool: