• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nannes was simply awesome. **** you Australian selectors.
Gotta be more to it. Aus selectors have blatantly ignored outstanding form from the bloke for a while now. Wonder why they can't find room for him? Can't be just that he's 30+.

I also share SS's McGrath love. Top-class bowler.

Uppercut

It's a shame I'm not following this tournament, apparently we were treated to the awesome spectacle of Mishy and McGrath bowling in tandem :(.

Zinzan

I can understand the dislike for the BCCI by NZ fans with regards to NZ cricket, and Shane Bond etc.

I just don't understand which Indian fans that Zinzan seem to think IPL teams are greater than the others :unsure:
On the first point, I repeat, it's not a matter of hate or even dislike tbh.

Secondly, not sure It would be particularly good form to openly point out which CW members I consider to have unrealistic expectations of India. Needless to say, fortunately it's a minority overall & for the record Jono, you're certainly not one of those.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Your expectations from T&T? They seem to have very little T20 experience and their stats are unflattering, but there's always the big-hitting batsman and tearaway quick from West Indies who can change a match very quickly. A lot will depend on Lendl Simmonds, the Bravos and Dave.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
What's unflattering about the T&T stats? Yes, they haven't played much 20/20 cricket as a unit, but as individuals, they have played a bit of international 20/20, as well as with the Stanford setup, and domestically....

Could these be the teams for today's match?

T&T starting 11

L. Simmons
W. Perkins
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Bravo
D. Ganga
K. Pollard
D. Ramdin
R. Rampaul
D. Mohammed
S. Ganga
S. Badree

Somerset starting 11

M. Trescothick
J. Langer
Z de Bruyn
C. Kieswetter
A. Suppiah
P. Trego
J. Hildreth
B. Phillips
A. Thomas
M. Waller
C. Willoughby

Anna

International Vice-Captain
The only possible change might be Waller but, other than that, that looks about right for Somerset.

I'll be interested to see if they stick with that batting line-up, as it's quite different to the one they've had all season.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I can't wait to see Ganga bat in this format.

Henriques is in for a massive year this year too btw.

shivfan

Banned
Hoprfully, we won't see Ganga until the very end of the innings....
:)
Eight runs off the first over by Simmons and Perkins.

GGG

State Captain
Plays a beautiful shot over long off for 6 then tries that stupid paddle shot and is almost out, why?

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Good opening partnership, each hitting 20 off 19 balls (Simmons) and 11 (Perkins)....

Both Darrens know how to get off the mark!
:cool:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I thought it was a good strategy to hit out in the power play overs.

Bravo and Ganga were safe batting lower down the order. Bravo played a stupid shot though first ball.