• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith is the most common English name to play cricket (England players), or at least was the last time I heard about this trivia which is around 10 years back. Haven't seen Aussie Smiths.
It's far and away the most common surname in Australia too - there are more Smiths than the next 2 most common surnames combined

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't realise Wayamba was Mendis's team. Could be a bit of a nightmare for Delhi this with their middle order now exposed to him.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah, Sehwag has batted very well.
Pitch is really pathetic... so many bowls just keeping low.

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, Sehwag has batted very well.
Pitch is really pathetic... so many bowls just keeping low.
Is that really a bad thing? I quite like seeing a pitch providing more assistance to the bowlers for a change, instead of these dead batting tracks often used for these 20/20 games....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is that really a bad thing? I quite like seeing a pitch providing more assistance to the bowlers for a change, instead of these dead batting tracks often used for these 20/20 games....
Yeah, but this pitch is so slow that it's not really hard to stay in on - just hard to score runs on. Assistance for the bowlers is good when it comes in the form of bounce, seam or turn as it still requires skill to exploit all that, but a slow and uneven pitch just works against batsmen rather than for bowlers, if you get what I mean.

R_D

International Debutant
ah that was a stupid run out.... thats the only way he looked like going out anyway..